Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

stomach cramping and sweating while pooping (Page 1)

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I have a problem that happens once every few months, maybe more and I feel really intense stomach pains, almost like period cramps. I then have to use the bathroom, and really thin stools come out fast. I get really sweaty and cramp the whole time. It really hurts, sometimes I cry. It lasts for a few hours. Does anyone know what is wrong??? I need an answer, I am so worried about this. It's been going on for years
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper chrissyrice
|

replied July 16th, 2010
This same thing has been happening to me recently. I couldnt even go to work today. It has only happened to me a few times but would also like an answer. I wonder if there is something wrong with me.
|

replied July 17th, 2010
I'm sorry ): i'm only 15 1/2 and it's been going on since I can remember. Its happened in school before and one time I missed a whole class using the bathroom. It was so embarrassing.
|

replied August 4th, 2010
you could have somethng called I.B.S. (irretiable bowel symdrone) atleast that's what the docs are calling it.i have had bad cramps while am pooing to the point I am hunch over n hurts to go.i did some research n it could be many things but most say it could b a parasite living in our intestines, poor diet (meaning to much protein, or if you are on any medications. Whatever it is I wish someone out here would know so I can feel better!!!!
|

replied September 8th, 2010
I have had the same problem for years and when i have went to the hospital and was checked out i was told i have the bum of a new born which is a newborns bum inside is like as if your finger is bent a lil but as you get older and straightens out but mine i guess stayed like a baby's and still everytime i go to the bathroom the same thing happens everytime intense pain cramping to where ya wanna cry !
|

replied May 6th, 2011
I get it now and again and everyone I know gets them. Ive had it so bad where my temprature was actually raised, I broke into sweats and I was actually tempted to let out a little cry. I find I get them when I havnt been to poo for a while, say 5 days to a week. Im 20 and its happened to me more times than I can count. I think the best advice is just to Eat pleanty of Fibre, drink water and make sure you go atleast once every two days. Everyone is different, only you know your poo pattern lol
|

replied July 29th, 2012
Have you been to the doctor for this problem, you might have uc or chrones or something else.
|

replied July 29th, 2012
Have you been to the doctor for this problem, you might have uc or chrones or something else.
|

replied May 19th, 2011
Lactose intolerant, severe cramping, bloating, diarrhea.
Exactly the same with me..I'm a healthy 36 year old female...I diagnosed myself with trial and errors--LACTOSE INTOLERANCE and mine is funny. I have always drank milk but past few years (since I have birth) everytime I have a bowl of cereal/glass of milk...the next day between 12-24 sometimes a bit longer I am on the throne severe cramping, diarrhea/#2 sweating and it's almost like I can't take it! I have to "get it out" and until I do my cramping stays. Once I "complete" my mission...I am totally fine. I hate it! Sometimes I will go, come back 3-4 times within 2 hours...ugh. It actually feels like contractions...almost to the T. Anyways, I stopped having milk (everything else was fine) and wa-lah...I would go months without a problem...until I had that bowl of cereal!
|

replied January 8th, 2012
im 14 ive been havin these problems for a while but i also have polyups or w.e in my colon and am at risk for colon cancer...im not trying to scare yall but that might have something to do with it
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
I'm 19 and I've always had this problem. A bit more severe when I was younger. Diarrhea, goosebumps, cramps, very loose stool... wanting to cry, sometimes actually crying. On top of it... I always have diarrhea. Always. And if not that,constipated- rarely though. My docter responder to me always having diarrhea as IBS. Soooo caffine, alcohol, dairy, and stress will bring the worst. She told me to get more fiber in my diet... but fiber makes me soooo gassy. I would rather have diarrhea then be gassy all day. I switched to Silk almond milk- no lactose, no dairy. Def cut the dairy out. You can find dairy and lactose free cheese at meijer. No caffine. I stay away from wheat. Gluten free all the way! It sucks. I just feel way better not farting all the time and having normal bowel movements. Drink lots of water!
|

replied April 15th, 2012
I have had this problem for about 7 yrs now. I get the worst kind of pain,nausea, and then diarrhea, and then it's over. 2 yrs ago was the worst, it was happening like once a week. So, I went to the doctor n spent thousands of dollars. They tested me for everything. I had a hydra-scan, an ultrasound, an upper n lower GI, like 10 blood tests, allergy tests and a colonoscopy. They couldn't find anything. I had one doctor tell me it was brought on by a stomach flu that got back when and it did something to the nerves in my intestines so I could feel my food digesting. He also told me it would go away after about 3 yrs. by this time I was at yr 5. Load of crock. It's better now but I still get attacks every now n then and I know it's not always food allergies I have because I can eat the same thing the week before and I'm fine . I'm starting to wonder if I will ever have the answer to my problem.
|

replied June 14th, 2012
IBS
I have had this problem for many many years, and so do all my sisters. We call them bathroom bathroom spells. My doctor tols me it was IBS. Irritable Bowel Syndrome. If I have any stress it happens. When I was going through my divorce every time my ex husband called me on the phone I had to go straight to the bathroom. I woould say that was stress. I have tried medication. It didnt work. The doctor said take it when it happens. Well, its too late then. So I have to deal with it. Its a horrible thing sometime I think I will pass out. I have to have cold rag, ice water, strip my clothes. Its just terrible.
|

replied July 13th, 2012
SYNDROME LYME CHRONIC FATIGUE ALZHEIMERS ALS MONONEUCLOEOSIS
I'm so tired of hearing about Syndrome's, when actually you have an unidentified bacteria, but, we are not giving out antibiotics because the "medical profession" and the big "control group" say that it's better for all of us. So, your suffering with an infection, not a syndrome. They call it syndrome, because THEY do not want the cost of antibiotics and THEY do not want you to get well necessarily. Ton of money in developing long term drugs to keep you on. No money in a 20 day course of antibiotics. Bummer for all of us. We're paying a big group of people to sit and watch us suffer, because THEY think it's better for us.
|

replied August 1st, 2012
Allergies
Try a gluten free diet or lactose free or both! Humans are not supposed to drink milk other than as infants and gluten is bad for you anyways. I have had these problems and tried the dieting, doesn't cost you a dime and you'd be going through the pains either way.
|

replied September 22nd, 2012
I have the same problems as everyone is describing. It feels like contractions, yet I've never given birth. Sometimes it hurts so much I clench my fists & want to cry. The only difference with me versus yall is that my symptoms didn't begin until after I had my gallbladder removed.
|

replied September 26th, 2012
hi just today had dull aching pain on the right side of my abdomen, i dont know if its related to my pooping, but i had issues with that for years. i suspect i might have lactose intolerant and/or celiac's diseases. does anyone get these symptoms
|

replied September 26th, 2012
hi just today had dull aching pain on the right side of my abdomen, i dont know if its related to my pooping, but i had issues with that for years. i suspect i might have lactose intolerant and/or celiac's diseases. does anyone get these symptoms
|

replied January 14th, 2013
Sounds like Crohn's Disease and/or IBS or maybe even both. I am 29 and got diagnosed with IBS 3 years ago and Crohn's Disease 2 years ago and for me bowel movements are still a pain most of the time. Sometimes I even scream because it hurts so much. It only cramps that hard when I having a BM and it will cramp as long as it takes. Even if I think I might be done I know I am not because I am still cramping. Even if it is just a little bit left it will cramp so badly it sure does not feel that way. Then once I am done the cramping reduces ALOT and is much more tolerant. That is part of the fun of having Crohn's. Sometimes the pain gets so intense I get nauseous and my entire body gets really hot. There are some food I used to love that I now hate because of the consequences. I have been told by my doctors to continue taking my medications, take a stool softener, and eat plenty of fiber. It works for the most part but if I am having a flare up nothing seems to work. Good luck.
|

replied January 17th, 2013
Severe abdominal pain (while using restroom)
Below your belly button above whatever you have a penis or vagina. When using the bathroom pain will be horrible I've been buckles over a few times. Sometimes medication will do this to someone like ADD/ADHD Meds . Keep hydrated no matter what and if on medication that slows appetite practice drinking with it and atlest eating small portion meals
|

replied January 18th, 2013
Make sure all of you know the symptoms of Carcinoid Syndrome. It's more common than most drs realize. I was diagnosed at the age of 39.
|

replied August 1st, 2013
Hi everyone, My name is Toby and I am 20 years old from Sherbrooke Qc. I know what all of you are going through right now, Solution? Proteins, you might not have noticed, but too much proteins causes these enormous pain, sweat, chill, illness. This might not be the solution for everyone, but try this for a week, eat less proteins , just that will make an incredible difference, give it time as well, it will diminish through time, trust me I went through this and now I feel so much better, Have a good day!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply