Medical Questions > Cancer > Stomach Cancer Forum

Stomach cancer symptoms ???

User Profile
I have rapid heart rate and now I have lost 55lbs in less than 4months and just had an EGD and it showed an inflamed stomach and took biopsy's of my stomach and intestines and it isn't h-pylori. My food is not digesting at all and I can't eat anything without being miserable for days until I throw it up. Could this be cancer?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper CSCPREP
|

replied January 29th, 2010
Only a doctor could tell you that...Cancer can manifests itself in so many ways...I had the same issues, and mine all stemmed around my esophagus...Just continue to follow uP with a medical professional until you get an answer! Don't give uP and DO NOT try to self diagnose yourself on the internet! You'll drive yourself insane and have every ailment known to God! Not good for your mind! Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2010
Experienced User
I agree with chrissy on this one...def good advice not to go looking on the internet or you will make yourself poorly (i speak from experience!) Make sure you attend all clinic appointments and in the meantime try to relax easier said than done i know. Let us know how you are.
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2010
The common symptoms of stomach cancer are-stomach ache, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, Discomfort in the stomach area, severe stomach pain, Feeling full or bloated after a small meal, Diarrhea or constipation and sudden weight loss.

The option of treatment depends primarily on the stage of disease, the size and place of the tumor and general health of patient.
|

replied August 13th, 2010
Stomach cancer often does not have symptoms in the early stages, or they can be vague and non-specific -- such as nausea or weight loss. Also, there is no single symptom that exactly pinpoints stomach cancer; therefore, further evaluation and testing is required for a diagnosis.
|

replied August 17th, 2010
Early stomach cancer often does not cause symptoms. As the cancer grows, the most common symptoms are:

* Discomfort or pain in the stomach area

* Difficulty swallowing

* Nausea and vomiting

* Weight loss

* Feeling full or bloated after a small meal

* Vomiting blood or having blood in the stool
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2010
In initial stages stomach Cancer can't be noticed,but there are some symptoms to identify it such as,lot of pain in stomach part,nausea,vomiting blood etc.

Stomach cancer can happen to anyone, it is not necessary to be druggist or alcoholic.
|

replied August 24th, 2010
My mother just recently found out she has stomach cancer she has been suffering for the past 5 years with stomach problems. They told her she had a slow digestive system and gave her fiber drinks and pills to take which didn't help she had pains the past month and doctors told her it was her gallbladder but they would need to make sure she didn't have an ulcer well that's when they found out she had stomach cancer, The doctors were slow but they only guess and practice medicine and now we wait to see what stage the cancer is already but I have a feeling it's in the last stages since it's been five years of suffering, she can't eat, she's in constant pain and has lost a tremendous amount of weight! You need to find a good doctor that will do tests and not just write you off as to having some other ailment.
|

replied November 21st, 2010
Hi,
Stomach cancer also called gastric cancer starts in the stomach. Stomach is divided into five layers. Cancer can develop in any of these layers.

|

replied December 10th, 2010
betti320 wrote:
My mother just recently found out she has stomach cancer she has been suffering for the past 5 years with stomach problems. They told her she had a slow digestive system and gave her fiber drinks and pills to take which didn't help she had pains the past month and doctors told her it was her gallbladder but they would need to make sure she didn't have an ulcer well that's when they found out she had stomach cancer, The doctors were slow but they only guess and practice medicine and now we wait to see what stage the cancer is already but I have a feeling it's in the last stages since it's been five years of suffering, she can't eat, she's in constant pain and has lost a tremendous amount of weight! You need to find a good doctor that will do tests and not just write you off as to having some other ailment.

hi, im so sorry to hear your sad story about your poor mum, i am going through similar symptoms and have been having lots of tests, im in severe pain and lost nearly 3 stone in weight over the last 4 months. i just wanted to say i hope your mum is ok
|

replied October 11th, 2012
I am so sorry to hear of your mother's diagnosis with stomach Cancer. I can tell that you are very concerned. I am a Patient Resource Education Program (PREP) Coordinator with Can't Stomach Cancer. Can't Stomach Cancer offers many support services to patients and their families through our PREP Program. Please google us on-line to find very valuable resource and support information.

Can't Stomach Cancer is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation dedicated to advancing funding for stomach cancer research, raising awareness about the disease, and providing education and support internationally to patients, families, and caregivers. CSC seeks its ultimate goal to make the cure for stomach cancer a reality.
|
Tags: biopsy
Quick Reply