Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Stomach bloating and pressure

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
From the time I get something to drink and eat breakfast in the morning until I go to be at night my stomach is bloated and I feel pressure all the time. My lower stomach and right below my waist line is swollen. My upper abdomen is also swollen. Now I have taking anti acids and anti bloating pills and they do not work. Should I go see a GI Doctor right away? Is there anything I can do for this myself?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Abdominal bloating for 1–2 weeks is usually due to a diet or eating habits, but, abdominal bloating with abdominal pain for longer period needs medical attention.
It is a main complain along with abdominal pain and changed form and frequency of bowel movements, in condition known as irritable bowel syndrome.
Also, you may have lactose intolerance, not having enough lactase to digest the amount of lactose in milk products.
Symptoms begin about 30 minutes to 2 hours after eating or drinking foods containing lactose, like nausea, cramps, bloating, gas, and diarrhea.
Some foods causes larger amounts of gas to be produced when the food is digested.
Eat smaller meals slowly, cause fast eating leads to swallowing air that gives the feeling of abdominal bloating.
|

replied May 7th, 2009
stomach bloating and pressure
My husband started getting this same condition in March and he still has it. He had an endoscopy and colonoscopy already - came out normal. He is miserable every day and no one seems to know what is the reason or how to relieved this condition.
|