Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

stomach apron loss

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
If I could afford a tummy tuck that is where I would start. The summer is coming and I am determined again to lose the weight and get back my cute figure despite my stupid stomach.

What exactly can one do to not only concentrate weight loss on my APRON, but wont further disrupt the damage already occuring?

I have a huge stomach apron.I had four over 11 lb babies and and after the second one I ruptured a hernia. I did not know that I had a hernia, I just thought I had gotten fat after child birth and that was how fat felt, the hernia went unnoticed. In fact, I went 8 years before repairs were made.

Immediately the repair tore. I believe it was from the wieght of my stomach apron. feeling like having surgery was a waste of time until I got rid of this thing, I decided to try and exersize it off. But that just made my hernia worse.

So worse, that when I went for my second surgery the doctor noted it was the largest hernia he had ever seen.

Third surgery I decided to lose over 100 pounds. That didn't help because even though I had the best arms legs and butt I had seen in a very long time, my stomach still looked 8 months preggers and the stomach apron still stands.

Now, I not only have gained back way too much wieght I have a useless gullbladder and diastasis. ( spelling!) it is when you lose all your stomach muscles. They tear from the walls. So back to the surgery table.

Before I go to the table it is important to me to lose at least 100 lbs but most importantly I need to get rid of this dibilitating stomach apron. Is there really any way for me to do that without sit-ups or surgery or am I just fooling myself?

If I could afford a tummy tuck that is where I would start, but since I can't, what exactly can one do to not only concentrate weight loss on my APRON, but won't further disrupt the damage already occurring?
Did you find this post helpful?
|