Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Stomach and digestion issues

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Every morning, when I wake up, my stomach is super sensitive. Sometimes it feels like its turning and I can hear it make noises. No matter what I eat, it doesn't sit well and starts churning really bad. From eating toast to cereal and everything in between, nothing sits well and I get diarreah. Not only that, no matter what I eat, I'm always getting gassy. Also my stomach gets very loud with the digestion process. It's to the point where I can't eat anything before class or work since being in a quiet environment is disturbing with my stomach and intestines making gurgling and gassy sounds. The only food I can eat which doesn't upset my stomach to much is bananas and pretzels. But even then, after I eat those, in a couple hours my intestines is still making loud noises and I get gassy again. And no it's not just milk products, it's pretty much anything that makes my stomach do this. And once it hits my intestines, I develop gas and hear the loud noises. Please don't tell me it's normal as one doctor has told me. I've been asked several times if I'm ok because of my loud stomach churning and noises. It's so embarrassing too! But its to the point where even on an empty stomach my stomach and intestines make constant funny noises. Even at lunch time, from a salad to a burger to steak to anything, my stomach starts twisting and churning. After awhile it'll stop but once it hits my intestines, they start making noises and in a couple hours in flatulent. Ive tried Pepto, a lot of Tums, taking enzymes, Gas X, nothing really helps me, I just want to eat normal like everyone else and live a normal life again. I'm tired of starving myself with bananas all day so my stomach doesnt get too loud, esp. in school.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Mbkeil
|

replied February 9th, 2009
stomach noises
Hi, I just read your post, and I know exactly what are you talking about, because is like you describe my symptoms. I have has this for so many years, and Doctors have no clue what it is and they just said not to worry, and that everybody get noises, but they don't get it that this is constant and so embarassing, this problem has make me not wanting to be at parties, and i avoid any quiet place, my visits to the dentist cause me a lot of stress just thinking about the noises.
The only thing that has worked for me is to have some protein when I wake up, (i have two eggs and a toast), the noise will start but after an hour or so it will quiet down, it looks that the protein makes your stomach busy or full, then try to get with your family doctor anxiety pills, like Ativan, and use them when you know you will be around people, the pills make you to relax, and that also relax your stomach and stop the noises.
Good luck!
|

replied March 24th, 2009
rumbling stomach
It's good to know there is people there in my situation.hope something will be done about it. Embarassing around people but maybe let us try to figure out especilly what foods that can help.
|

replied January 21st, 2010
Digestion stomach turning
This also happens to me it's especially bad when I'm stressed which is always but worse when stress it has to be connected with stress. It gets so loud I don't know what to do. Sometimes I go in the bathroom bit I can't stay in there 4 ever. I have the churning it gets very bad sometimes painful but mostly that's the gassiness I think. I try to brethe thru my nose to lessen the air intake & I'm gonna try 1/2 tspn of bakin soda with 8oz water to see if helps with gas & pepogest it's a pepermint oil digestive aid I heard about from natural pantry. I did go back to my dr cuz it's gotten worse like pretty much all the time b4 & after I eat. He says it's normal digestion but he pressed on my stomach & on the rt undr my ribs it was tender alittle pain so he sent me to get a abdominal ultrasound to check the gallbladder & they took pics of it plus my liver pancreas kidney & spleen I get results soon. I will let u know what the results are. Good luck.
|

replied February 7th, 2010
Digestion
I went to my dr my utlraspund & blood work is normal & he thinks it's my diet he told me no dairy sty away from cheese & to eat easy to digest foods every 3 hrs smaller portions & take gasx & metucil to help my body digest. I do feel alittle better it has only been a couple weeks & it hasn't been growling as much or as loud but my tummy still is gassy. I just got beano which I don't est slot of beans but the back of the bottle says it helps with gas from healthy foods. My nausea level is way down since I started eating ez foods & avoiding cheese. I will keep posting. Good luck.
|

replied May 5th, 2010
I was wondering how everyone is doing? I too have a sever digestive, bloating & constipation problem. Every time I eat I can both hear and feel the food digest. As the food makes it way thru my small intestines to my large intetines I can feel ripples of gas moving thru me along with load grawling sounds. It is quite embarressing. Along with the disgestive problems I also suffer from severe constipation, twice in a good week but generally once if I''m not suing Miralax.

Mbkeil - you mentioned a pain in your stomach when the Dr pushed just below your ribs...I too have that pain.

I''ve seen a Gasteronoligist who has sent me for both blook work and an ultrasound...I have my follow up appointment on 5/14. I am hoping they will be able to tell me more that "don''t eat cheese".

If anyone has updates or similar experiences I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!
|

replied May 5th, 2010
Im glad I''m not the only one with this going on but I''m sorry to hear others are not feeling well since my last visit to my dr I have started a enzyme called original papaya enzyme from American health company. It''s chewable & helps you digest your food. Its fruity tasting & i get from our Fred Meyer store in the natural section. It comes in a small roll like tums & you can get it in the bottle. I have had great results so far & I only take it when I feel the stomach upset. I don''t eat spicy foods & I keep my milk, eggs, cheese intake low. I eat more yogurt & lean meats with 90/10% fat hamburger 1-2x a month. My dr told me to get a good fiber supplement like dulcolax. I got benefiber at the same time I got the enzyme & haven''t used yet chose it cuz it has no taste/smell but I noticed since that there''s some that say they have no gas bloating. Try the enzyme it works for me. Good luck!
|

replied July 28th, 2012
Your symptoms sound like mine and I have SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). A gastroentinologist can test for it. Hope you feel better!
|

replied January 26th, 2014
I have these kinds of problems too! No matter what I eat I will get gassy and m stomach just goes off like a motor boat. I hear these gurgle and growling noises and I can feel it. It is the most embarrassing thing! I want some answers on how to stop it because it is embarrassing in class. I am afraid to be in quiet rooms with people.
|

replied February 19th, 2014
I can relate to a noisey stomach mine growls soo loud sometimes I'm sure other people hear it. But I guess that's kind of a normal thing.
|

replied March 8th, 2014
Experienced User
I think you have food allergy and try using digestion enzyme and see the difference.
|