Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

stomach and back pain in hernia repair area with mesh

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
I had hernia repair surgery on May 2010. I have had pain every since and not able to work, but for the last week the pain has gotten really bad pain level is 9 to 10. Its located in the upper left under my breast wrapping around to the back. I have really bad preasure feeling like I have something in the lower diaphragm area and if I bend over I cant breathe. I have been very sick to my stomach and now the pain is so bad it is waking me up or keeping me up. I get these catches like something is loose and bloated or swollen feeling. I cant eat because it feels like I am choking or cant swallow. I have complained that something is wrong every since I had the surgery almost 2 yrs ago
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 7th, 2013
mesh in stomach
wow I hearing so many people with same problem..I had major surgery 3 times,lost 2/3 of my colen an half my small intestins remove,plus few other parts an bag..had it reversed 2nd surgery..the I got a big hernia in my stomach I was 111 pounds look like 6 months pregnant..they fix it with a mesh put in which takes up my whole stomach..I had this done 2012,had all 3 surgerys in a 13 month time..well will be in 2 months a year,thought the pain was bad befor had it done..No the pain is so bad,it get worse everyday,cant sit,walk bend,slep lay down..walk around holding my stomach..the scar hurts an burns there something bummping up..only eat once a day because hurts worse to have food in my stomach,sharp pain an go into my back..swells up..I been to the colin doc many times an the hospital over 20,tired of x,rays a cat scans that say nothing wrong an they kick you out the door like your crazy..the pain is so bad they have me on vicoden which dont work..one step stepping front a truck..cant live with this pain anymore..no one will help or care..
|

replied July 7th, 2013
Sorry about my post an the way I wrote missed spelled words an writing ..Wrote fast,just need someone help .Cant live like this no one will help..sick of living on pills.This not living,rather not
|