Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Postpartum and Postnatal Forum

stitch uncured: became wound with discharge and bad odor

User Profile
I having child labor on November 8 2011. On February 10,2012 I consult to the Doctor and she examined my vagina. She said the stitch was cure but It has a stitch which is uncured because it is cut again and it becomes wound. they give me a laboratory and the result is " NO GRAM-NEGATIVE DIPLOCCOCI FOUND",they give me an antibiotic.And now April 2012 I am still suffered during urine,because its to pain and i notice my vaginal discharge is yellowish-green and have a bad odor. It is not itchy and I don't have a fever since I labor. It is dangerous to my health? can you advice me what medicine I take? I am a breastfeeding,and now I used feminine wash which is Betadine femenine wash.And last It is OK for have a sexual intercourse? please Help me.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2012
Postpartum and Postnatal Answer A33801
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe indicate repeat vaginal infection. If infective cause has been detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important that you get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection. Avoid sexual contact/intercourse while being on treatment. You can also consider getting repeat swab/smear tests done to rule out persistence of infection/re-infection/resistant infection. Consider requesting for prescription of probiotic to be started (after finishing with your other medications) to restore the normal vaginal flora. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area, and keep the area clean and dry. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Postpartum and Postnatal , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.