Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

"Stinging" pain in the head.

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
every so often (randomly..and i mean very random) i will get a very sharp jolt of pain (kind of like a pinching/needle in my nerves down the left side (your right, my left) down to my arm.

usually most noticeable in my neck area (where my traps are)

i havent been in an accident or anything that i can think off the top of my head, and im lost as to cause of these pains.

some times its quick/painless, while other times it lasts awhile and extreme "sting" a bit.

any idea what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 29th, 2012
Stinging Pain
I have these stinging pains too, on the left side of my head, and just like you, they are random, some times short, and sometimes long... usually when I'm nervous about dying or fearful things...
|

replied January 1st, 2013
I get the same pain on the top of my head, my neck and abdominal area! It's like electrical pain and last 5-10 minutes. Any suggestions?
|