Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Still spotting daily 3 months after medical abortion

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I had a medical abortion early november and it went as it should, no issues, and my 2 week check up went just fine, no problems. I started birth control immediately after. I have had maybe 5 or 6 days where I have not spotted. I had a "period" 2 weeks after the abortion and again at 4 weeks post abortion. I spotted every day minus the maybe 5 or 6 days since. So that makes it almost 4 months past. Is this normal? Is it just my body trying to regulate to birth control again and hormones or could something be wrong.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nalasr96
|

replied February 20th, 2011
Still bleeding after medical abortion
I had a medical abortion January 7th. I am still bleeding...the last 10 days has been heavy and clotting again, I'm ok with it but just wondering will it ever stop? Should I go on birth control pills to help get things back to normal? I also excercise alot. I've slowed down on it but wonder if I should stop for a while to help my body heal..anybody have any thoughts?
|
Did you find this post helpful?