Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

still bleeding over a month after miscarriage

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
on jan 14 09, the dr could not find the babies heartbeat, twice confirmed with ultrasounds. i was 14 wks and a few days along. she said it looked as 6though the baby died about 3 days b4. baby did not pass on his own, so one week later, the 26th, the dr gave me pills to take vaginally for my body to start labor. jan 27th at 2am my water broke, about 40 mins later the baby was born at rest and was just hanging by the umb. cord, i could not push out, so i cut it. 9im completely devestated throughout this experiance, i was told the baby would look like a clot, and there he was all ten fingers and ten toes) the bleeding was so intense, we went to the e.r., the did an ultrasound that confirmed a small amount of placenta left, the dr went through and got the remainder out. but i had lost so much blood by this time, i should have had a blood transfusion, but didnt for some reason... i was bed-ridden for about a week and a half after that. around 2 weeks after, the flow lightened up a lot, but came again like it was menstral, bc i had cramping, i thought that. but im still bleeding to this day. what is going on? could the dr have missed some more placenta, or is my body just crazy? cuz the sooner i stop bleeding, the sooner i can work on having another child. thanx.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2009
Supporter
More or less, your body is just crazy.... This happened to me some time ago. But After tests and ultrasounds etc the next morning I miscarried... went for a check up and everything was fine, just needed to rest and relax. I bled for a bout 3 months, and I was just as anxious as you were to get back on the band wagon and start trying again.

Your body just wants to take time to self heal. I would advise to see your doctor again just for your peace of mind, if any.

Sorry to hear of your loss... be strong and not so impatient... lol..
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Please go see your doctor. You should be having multiple check ups after a miscarriage where you've had a D&C.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2009
Supporter
I only had to have one check up after a D & C... and i was bleeding pretty badly as well.... and then soon after i fell pregnant... trying for our second... I had a miscarriage.. thats when I bled for 3 months....

Every body is different, and have different reactions... Do seek medical advice for peace of mind
|