Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Steam rooms and saunas with genital warts

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Hi,

I would like to know if steam rooms and saunas will make genital warts worse?
Any idea about this?

Thanks,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 6th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
They won't alter their growth or cause them to spread any faster but any time the skin is heated it reddens and pores open making the skin redder, legions stand out more pronouncedly and seem to swell larger.
|

replied February 6th, 2010
Steam rooms and saunas for genital warts
Hi Wolf,

I don't really understand what you mean, I'm sorry..
So there is no harm in going into steam rooms and saunas, while having genital warts right?

I have read that certain viruses only live in a certain temperature and that steam rooms can fight against certain viruses because of the heat.. But I am not sure.

I just want to make sure that steam rooms and saunas does not make the genital warts worse..

Any idea?

Thanks,
|

replied February 7th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Genital warts live in your body. They don't need additional temperature regulation. Any negative health impacts you'd experience in a sauna would be balanced out by positive ones and neither would be terribly applicable to an infectious disease that has already taken hold in your body. A sauna or steam room will make your Genital warts look worse, just as they will acne or any skin disorder because they cause darkening of your skin and make any irregularity stand out more.
|