Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

STD's and sex toys

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
User Profile
hey, i have been tested pos for chlymidia and wonder if the sex toys... vibrators used need to be thrown out or just simply washed really well. This is really embarrising and cannot ask my gp.
Please help .....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 6th, 2009
Washing
Most infectious bacteria and viruses are unable to live for very long outside the human body, but it's still a very good idea to clean and sanitize your toys (may I suggest leaving it in isopropyl alcohol). Also, it's a good practice to put a condom on your toys (especially if they're going to be used anally, handled by a partner, or you know you may have and STI).
|
Did you find this post helpful?