Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

STD ? Dark Brown Discharge

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hello. Im 18. About 4 or 5 days ago I noticed I had a dark brown discharge in my underwear. And when I had intercourse with my boyfriend, he would get turned off because he thinks I was bleeding. I had my period about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I had normal clear/white discharge after that but now Im getting nervous that I might have a medical problem. Ive been searching online to see it and it said something about STD's or being pregnant and being on birth control...I dont take birth control and my boyfriend and I both have been tested for STD's and came out negative.

What could this be?
Im scared :'(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It's probably just old blood, and it's normal. If pregnancy is a concern then take a pregnancy test, but its not really a main symptom that points to pregnancy since there are many things that can potentially cause brown bleeding.

I've had this and I would say its normal, but if you are still concerned then schedule an appointment with your gyno.

Clear white discharge is also normal.
|

replied October 19th, 2008
smelly dark brown discharge
I am 29yrs old. i suffered with Pcos. my last period was August 24th 2008 and now it's October 19,2008. i have been seeing dark brown discharge for a while now, i saw a little bit of red for a while then its gone. what could be the problem. could i be pregnant. i haven't been pregnant before.
|