As recently as this past summer when I went to Ohio for a month, I brought with me what I had been calling my "samizdats, encyclicals, and tractates", a few choice documents I'd printed out in 8 pitch font to carry around as a kind of religious or spiritual inspiration. In the mechanics of my madness I say that I only let myself get so carried away and get into such a state sometimes because I know I can get myself so re-centered with this material. I remember twenty years ago I worked at Chase Bank in Manhattan, slept at lunch in a big sleeping/meditating room, and read my little zen Buddhism books. About when I came out to CA I discovered books on taoism. One day at the school I was teaching at, I was carrying around some 300 commandments I'd gotten from some taoist sect, and I gave it to another instructor's nephew for guidance, and the guy took it away from his nephew because he thought it was too extreme, it said for example not to farm animals, and the guy said what if my nephew wants to become a farmer. It said do all you can to prevent a solar eclipse, that's what I use as my goal in the morning at the insane asylum, I say I will work very hard to prevent the solar eclipse. Anyway, I found a book where you had to send a check for ten bucks to a PO Box to get the really good footnotes, including "the statutes of Mystery Metropolis", all about ethical rules for various taoist sects, and I sent a bad check.
But I have the material. It says don't steal anything, not even the slightest thing like a piece of paper. It says don't write things down, don't throw written things away, and don't tell people about this stuff. And I stole the whole thing. And I'm tellin everybody. Just trying to balance out the karma cause these documents are hella magical. And after that I found a few more great similar documents on obscure chinese translated taoist websites. Carried it all around, with lots of underlining and repetitive reading, to the point where I decided to either cut and paste or outright type up all my favorite stuff, into one compact document, and now that's what I've got, nice and electronic. Now I can cut and paste my favorite ever obscure taoist wisdom. And these are extremely delusional hallucinatory beliefs, so of the most bizzare stuff I've ever seen, and I read this site regularly. Now it's weird, it's been a few years and I'm no longer advancing, as I had from the ten commandments I inherited, through the 300 commandments I found in a green book in a store in berkeley, to the hundreds of commandments/wishes/beautiful ideas that I've found and compiled here. I like to read these in the morning, very grounding and stabalizing. Or to bring on a trip cause it makes life just seem so easy and simple, when I get confused in the whirlwind of complexity. This is the raw material, and every time I read it I reconfigure in a different way; I was going around a month ago saying energy comes from emptiness and danger, that's in there somewhere. But I mean it's weird how I'm not advancing anymore, I haven't found any good new material that beats or even really adds to this, and I do search regularly for new books, both via the internet and via walking around a couple of bay area stores several times a year. But yeah weird how there's nothing new lately, weird too how it's ok cause this stuff I have now is so good. Weird too, same thing in astrophysics. It was exciting figuring out dark matter was really ytivarg, the opposite of gravity. And the wan wu honeycomb theory of the universe. But now all the data just confirms there's no such thing as gravity, and there could be a honey comb. No real new news from the great space telescopes hubble and chandra and mt keck. But like I said it's ok, cause this stuff is so good, so here you go.
* in contrast to this simple exterior, his countenance indicates a rare depth of thought and his eyes beam with benevolence.
* five blessings. These are, (1) longevity, (2) riches, (3) peacefulness and serenity, (4) love of virtue, and (5) [at an advanced] age a [happy] consummation of life
*Moral Injunctions.)The right way leads forward; the wrong way backward.Do not proceed on an evil path. Do not sin in secret.Accumulate virtue, increase merit. With a compassionate heart turn toward all creatures. Be faithful, filial, friendly, and brotherly.First rectify thyself and then convert others. Take pity on orphans, assist widows; respect the old, be kind to children. Even the multifarious insects, herbs, and trees should not be injured. Be grieved at the misfortune of others and rejoice at their good luck. Assist those in need, and rescue those in danger. Regard your neighbor's gain as your own gain, and regard your neighbor's loss as your own loss. Do not call attention to the faults of others, nor boast of your own excellence. Stay evil and promote goodness. Renounce much, accept little. Show endurance in humiliation and bear no grudge. Receive favors as if surprised.Extend your help without seeking reward. Give to others and do not regret or begrudge your liberality.(Blessings of the Good.)Those who are thus, are good: people honor them; Heaven's Reason gives them grace; blessings and abundance follow them; all ill luck keeps away; angel spirits guard them. What ever they undertake will surely succeed, and even to spiritual saintliness they may aspire. Those who wish to attain heavenly saintliness, should perform one thousand three hundred good deeds, and those who wish to attain to earthly saintliness should perform three hundred good deeds.
* This is what makes Dhoe miraculous, the sages understand it, and the saints practice it, it is a must-know.Dhoe
* If one observes the Way of Heaven, and maintains Its doings (as his own), all that he has to do is accomplished
* . Heaven and Earth are the despoilers of all things; all things are the despoilers of Man; and Man is the despoiler of all things. When the three despoilers act as they ought to do, as the three Powers, they are at rest. Hence it is said, 'During the time of nourishment, all the members are properly regulated; when the springs of motion come into play, all transformations quietly take place.' Men know the mysteriousness of the Spirit's (action), but they do not know how what is not Spiritual comes to be so. The sun and moon have their definite times, and their exact measures as large and small. The service of the sages hereupon arises, and the spiritual intelligence becomes apparent. The spring by which the despoilers are moved is invisible and unknown to all under the sky. When the superior man has got it, he strengthens his body by it; when the small man has got it, he makes light of his life
* . Perfect enjoyment is the overflowing satisfaction of the nature. Perfect stillness is the entire disinterestedness of it
* If a man cherishes the Invisible, he will be able to maintain for ever the Visible-that which has a semblance; if he cherishes the Incorporeal, the Corporeal will attain to perfection and purity; and if perfection and purity co-operate to promote each other, the result will be the acquisition of perpetuity. It is because Heaven has obtained this original purity that it lasts for ever;
* At these times, Constellation Mother can let some Great Medicines descend and universally do Her works of curing. She can harmonize and regulate the five Circulations, raise and lower the two energies (to adjust them), resolve the stagnancies and remove the obstructions, break the darkness and get rid of the evils, respond to wrongdoers' repentances, ferry those who lost their way, safeguard pregnancies and births, cure illnesses, nourish roots, make the good weather return, make humans and other beings be born and grow up, refine and ferry ghosts and spirits, untie the hundreds of knots and give blessings, supplement the eight Yeong energies, assist the righteous and perfect the Reality, summon peace and extend blessings (for the world), and run the power of the holy medicines latently. In this sense, She is a heavenly doctor with important duties
* In true tranquillity, go along with beings; In true permanence, realize inner nature. Forever going along, forever tranquil -- This is permanent purity, lasting tranquillity. In purity and tranquillity, Gradually enter the true Tao.
* dwelt in Mysterious Light Real Purity Heaven, cultivated the wonderful Tao of Mysterious Divinity...and gathered plenty of Uncreated Energy. The energy entered into the Mystery of Mystery, and was integrated with the divine wind. The purple Emptiness became luxuriant and flourishing, and then the fruit of the wonderful Tao of Mysterious Divinity was achieved. A subtle and wonderful light of the Extreme of Nothingness (Moe-Gick) was then emitted, illuminating the whole flower pool, and miraculously gave birth to nine golden lotuses.Seven days and nights of the human world past, the light in the flower pool became more and more blazing and grand. Suddenly, the lotuses ascended to Nine Flower Heaven, and became nine great precious palaces. In the precious palaces, the integrated and coagulated Brahma Energy of the Nine Realities of itself became nine characters
* As to what should be done in a day, when the eating and drinking has been arranged, let one sit straight with his mouth shut, and not allow a single thought to arise in his mind. Let him forget everything, and keep his spirit with settled purpose. Let his lips be glued together, and his teeth be firmly pressed against one another. Let him not look at anything with his eyes, nor listen to a single sound with his ears. Let him do the Inner-Guarding with single mind. Let him regulate his breath to make it soft and continuous, and let the out-breath be very slight, now seeming to breathe, and now not. In this way the Fire of heart will descend, the Water of the kidneys will rise up, the saliva will be produced in the mouth, and the real efficaciousness becomes attached to the body. It is thus that one will naturally know the way of prolonging life.During the twelve hours of the day let one's thoughts be constantly fixed on absolute Purity. When there is nothing at the Spiritual Platform it is called Clarity; where one thought does not arise, it is called Tranquility;The body is the house of the breath; the heart is the lodging of the divinity. As the thoughts move, the divinity moves; as the divinity moves, the breath is distributed. As the thoughts rest, the divinity rests, when the divinity rests, the breath is collected.The true powers of the five elements unite and form the boat-like cup of jade, (after partaking of which), the body seems to be full of delicious harmony. This spreads like the unguent of the chrismal rite on the head. Walking, resting, sitting, sleeping, the man feels his body flexible as the wind, and in his belly a sound like that of thunder. His ears hear the songs of the Immortals, that need no aid from any instrument; vocal without words, and resounding without the drum. The spirit and the breath effect a union and the bloom of childhood returns. The man beholds scenes unfolded within him; Spirits of themselves speak to him; he sees the things of vacuity, and finds himself dwelling with the Immortals. He makes the Great Elixir, and his spirit goes out and in at its pleasure. He has the longevity of heaven and earth, and the brightness of the sun and moon. He has escaped from the toils of life and death.Do not allow any relaxation of your efforts, During all the hours of the day strive always to be pure and undefiled. The spirit is the child of the breath; the breath is the mother of the spirit.As a fowl embraces its eggs, do you preserve the spirit and nourish the breath. Can you do this without intermission? Wonderful! wonderful! The mystery becomes still deeper!In the body there are seven precious organs, which serve to enrich the state, to give rest to the people, and to make the vital force of the system full to overflowing. Hence we have the heart, the kidneys, the breath, the blood, the brains, the semen, and the marrow. These are the seven precious organs. When they return the body does not disperse. Refine them into the Great Medicine, then the myriads of spirits will all ascend to Immortality
* He lived like a quail (had no permanent home) and ate like a baby bird [ate only what was given to him without complaint like a baby bird receives the food given to it by its mother].(......)To suffer means to suffer with the mind and body. The confused people of the world make themselves suffer by coveting life and entering into the road of death. Straining their minds they use their cleverness and thus their [innate] nature sinks into the land of punishments. One who understands the Tao makes himself suffer by training his body. In other words it is like shattering a rock to take out a piece of jade. Straining his willpower he forgets cleverness and therefore his nature ascends the Nine Empyreans.The wise find enjoyment in the midst of suffering. The foolish suffer in the midst of enjoyment. For the wise, bitterness ends and sweetness arrives
* By abandoning the appetites and restraining the passions, you may escape trouble and anxiety. By suppressing wrong and renouncing evil, you may ward off calamities. By avoiding over-indulgence in wine and curbing the carnal desires, you may escape defilement. By keeping clear of calumny and beyond the reach of suspicion, you may avoid hindrance to your affairs. By extensive study and eager questionings you may greatly enlarge your knowledge. By a high course of conduct and a reserve in conversation, you may cultivate the person. By courtesy, frugality, modesty, and moderation, you may preserve your possessions from diminution. By deep calculations and taking thoughts for the distant future, you may avoid poverty. By consulting with the benevolent and making friends of the outspoken and blunt, you may receive support in seasons of adversity. By doing to others as you would wish to be done by, and being sincere and honest in all your dealings, you may attract all men to become your friends. By committing responsibilities to able men, and making special use of their special faculties, you may materially further the business of the State. By abhorring the wicked and expelling slanderers from your presence, you may put a stop to disorder. By testing the practices of to-day by investigating those of ancient times, you may avoid blunders. By first estimating [the pros and cons of an affair] and then calculating [what ought to be done under the circumstances] you will be prepared to meet the most unexpected emergencies. By providing against disaffection and knowing how to use your power, you will be able to unravel complications. By keeping your knowledge to yourself and only acting as opportunity occurs, you avoid getting into trouble [by failing in what you professed yourself able to perform]. By firmness and stability of purpose, you will establish merit. By unwearying efforts and impregnable virtue, you will be able to preserve yourself securely until death.____________________________________
____IV.As regards the methods employed for forming deliberate intentions and doing straightforward actions, there is none that will enable you to continue longer in the course you desire to pursue than that of ample deliberation; and none that will enable you to pursue that course in greater peace than the patient bearing of insult. There is nothing more important than the cultivation of virtue; there is no greater cause of joy than the love of goodness; there is nothing that will give you deeper insight into hidden things than perfect sincerity in word and deed; there is nothing that will make you clearer-sighted than understanding the nature of all created beings; there is nothing more felicitous than contentment, nothing bitterer than covetousness, nothing more sorrowful than the dispersion (or loss) of animal vigour, no greater sickness than that which results from the vicissitudes of life, nothing shorter than a career of unlawful gain, nothing that tends more to secrecy (or stealthiness) than avarice, nothing that isolates a man more than trusting to himself alone, nothing more dangerous than employing those whom you have reason to suspect, and nothing more certain to bring ruin to you than unfairness or partiality
* ).Benefit all creatures; benefit the people.Practise goodness: acquire merit.Be honest like Heaven in conducting your affairs.Compassionate and auspicious, the state government must be devoted to the salvation of the people.Let your heart be impartial and wide of range.Be faithful and reverential to the ruler. Be filial and obedient to parents. Be congenial and friendly to brothers. Be sincere in your intercourse with friends. (Some instructions are omitted here)Let some worship the Truthful One, and revere the Northern Constellation, while others bow before the Buddha and recite sutras.Fulfil the four obligations; impartially observe the three doctrines.By discoursing on morality and righteousness, convert both the cunning and the dull. By preaching on the canonical books and histories, enlighten the ignorant and the benighted.Relieve people in distress as speedily as you must release a fish from a dry rill [lest he die]. Deliver people from danger as quickly as you must free a sparrow from a tight noose.Be compassionate to orphans and relieve widows. Respect the old and help the poor.Promote the good and recommend the wise. Be lenient with others and exacting with yourself.Save your clothing and provisions that ye may befriend the hungry and cold on the road.Give away coffins and cases lest the dead of the poor be exposed.Build charitable graveyards for unclaimed corpses.Establish philanthropic institutions for the education of children.If your own family is well provided, extend a helping hand to your relatives. If the harvest fails, provide for and relieve your neighbors and friends.Let measures and scales be accurate; and be neither chary in selling nor exacting in buying.Treat your servants with generosity and consideration. Do not expect perfection nor be too strict in your demands.Publish sacred scriptures and tractates. Build and repair temples and shrines.Distribute medicine to alleviate the suffering of the sick. With tea or water relieve the distress of the thirsty.Light lanterns in the night to illuminate where people walk. Keep boats on rivers to ferry people across.Buy captive animals and give them freedom.How commendable is abstinence that dispenses with the butcher!While walking be mindful of worms and ants.Be cautious with fire and do not set mountain woods or forests ablaze.Do not go into the mountain to catch birds in nets, nor to the water to poison fishes and shrimps.Do not butcher the ox that plows thy field.Do not throw away paper that is written on.Do not scheme for others' property.Do not envy others' accomplishments.Do not approach thy neighbor's wife or maids.Do not stir thy neighbors to litigation.Do not injure thy neighbor's reputation or interest.Do not meddle with thy neighbor's conjugal affairs.Set not, for personal malice, brothers at variance with one another.Set not father and son at variance for trifles.Never take advantage of your power, nor disgrace the good and law-abiding.Never ride roughshod over the needy and suffering although you are rich.While attending to your duty, be humble and modest.Live in concord with your relatives and clansmen.Let go hatred and forgive malice.Those that are good, seek ye for friends; that will help you to practise virtue with body and soul. Those that are wicked, keep at a distance; it will prevent evil from approaching you.Pass in silence over things wicked, but promulgate all that is good.Do not assert with your mouth what your heart denies.Always have in mind helpful sayings.Do not use improper language.Cut the brambles and thorns that obstruct the highway. Remove bricks and stones that lie in the path.Repair the defiles though for many hundred years they have remained unimproved.Build bridges to be traversed by thousands and ten thousands of people.Expound moral maxims to correct the people's faults.Supply the means to give instruction to people of talent.Let your work conform to Heaven's reason, and let your speech express humaneness.Keep the ancient sages before your eyes even when at supper or while looking over the fence.Be mindful when you are alone in the shadow of your coverlet.Anything evil refrain ye from doing; all good deeds do! So will you be released forever from the influence of evil stars, and always be encompassed by good guardian gods.Rewards may be immediate, and you will receive them in person, or rewards may be remote, and will devolve upon your posterity.Blessings come a hundredfold in loads as if drawn by horses; good fortune is piled up a thousandfold like a mass of clouds.Do not all these things accrue to the heart of the quiet way?The Ultra Supreme Elder Lord's Scripture Which Talks About The One Hundred Diseases And Glorifies The One Hundred Medicines_
* These are the one hundred diseases:Being moody is a disease;Getting money without considering morality is a disease; Carnality is a disease, because it damages one's Virtue;Being attached to mundane things is a disease; Wanting someone to die because of hatred, this is a disease;Unleashing desires without awareness of their harmfulness, this is a disease; Slandering others and praising yourself, this is a disease;Being capricious and still self-confident, this is a disease; Being fond of trivial talks is a disease;Enjoying gossips is a disease; Despising others because of your intelligence, this is a disease;Misuse of authority is a disease;Blaming others and finding excuse for yourself, this is a disease;Bullying the isolated or the weak, this is a disease; Overcoming others by force is a disease;Using power to threat others is a disease; Always wanting to argue others down, this is a disease;Borrowing without considering your repayment ability, this is a disease; Wronging others and justifying yourself, this is a disease;Hurting others by using an excuse of justice, this is a disease; Loathing others and loving only yourself, this is a disease;Indulging in entertainments or anger is a disease, because they can hurt you; Regarding others as foolish and regarding yourself as wise, this is a disease;Ascribing merits to yourself, this is a disease; Defaming others is a disease;Being plaintive because of hardship, this is a disease; Regarding the illusionary as the real, this is a disease;Enjoying talking of others' faults, this is a disease; Being arrogant because you are rich, this is a disease;Despising others because you are occupying a higher position, this is a disease; Envying the rich because you are poor, this is a disease; Abusing the noble because your are lowly, this is a disease; Slandering others in order to fawn on someone, this is a disease;Trumpeting your own virtues is a disease; Sabotaging others' good works, this is a disease;Messing up the public for your own benefit, this is a disease; Being expert at hiding your real thoughts, this is a disease;Endangering others in order to make yourself safe, this is a disease; Overt attitudes being inconsistent with covert attitudes, this is a disease;Being feverish, unjust and rebellious, this is a disease; Hating many and liking few, this is a disease;Enjoying criticizing others, this is a disease; Shifting your responsibility onto someone else, this is a disease;Paltering with your literary works, this is a disease; Enjoying using others' demerits, this is a disease;Using others' fames to promote your worldly renown, this is a disease; Desiring reward after giving, this is a disease;Blaming others without giving them useful help, this is a disease; Regretting after giving, this is a disease;Having the habit of complaining or quarrelling, this is a disease; Reviling insects or animals, this is a disease;Using black magic to curse others, this is a disease; Aspersing the talented, this is a disease;Hating those who are better than you, this is a disease; Taking intoxicants such as addictive drugs, alcohol or tobacco, this is a disease;Heart being unequal (which may result in treating others unfairly), this is a disease; Being arrogant because you are wise, this is a disease;Never forgiving others is a disease; Refusing sagacious advices is a disease;Pursuing outward instead of moving inward, this is a disease; Informing against someone, this is a disease;Jeering at foolish people, this is a disease; Being nervous, harsh, frivolous, or irritable, this is a disease;Injuring someone that you think is unreasonable, this is a disease; Being fond of advertising that you are righteous, this is a disease;Having many doubts and little faith, this is a disease; Laughing at mad people is a disease;Sitting or crouching impolitely is a disease; Dirty or wicked speaking is a disease;Disrespecting elders or children is a disease; Treating others with a bad attitude or unkind words, this is a disease;Being smart but also tyrannical and perverse, this is a disease; Being addicted to laughing is a disease;Liking to restrict others is a disease; Being crafty or sycophantic is a disease;Being greedy or dishonest is a disease; Being double-dealing or breaking your promise, this is a disease;Drinking alcohol, or even being excited and impolite when drunk, this is a disease; Scolding winds or rains (or other natural phenomena) is a disease;Enjoying saying violent things such as killing, this is a disease; Abortion, or causing anyone to kill her fetus, this is a disease;Liking to interfere with others, this is a disease; Peeking at or prying into others, this is a disease;Borrowing a thing without willing to return it, this is a disease; Absconding while indebted, this is a disease;Open speaking being inconsistent with private speaking, this is a disease; Having the habit of opposing others, this is a disease;Teasing others according to arbitrary bigotry, this is a disease; Misleading others intentionally, this is a disease;Intruding into an animal's dwelling or a bird's nest, and stealing or breaking the eggs, this is a disease; Cutting open a creature's body is a disease, unless your purpose is to save the creature;Hurting others by using water or fire, this is a disease; Laughing at others' disabilities is a disease;Advising someone to marry a particular person, this is a disease; Causing someone to hit or fight another one, this is a disease;Advising or encouraging someone to do immoral things, this is a disease; Sowing dissension is a disease;Taking pleasure in other's misfortune is a disease; Always wanting to own a thing at the first sight, this is a disease;Getting others' belongings by force, this is a disease; The Elder Lord said:If one can be mindful of these one hundred diseases and eliminate them, he will be free from misfortunes, his illnesses will disappear of themselves, he will be able to help and save sufferers, and his later generations will also be blessed.Glorifying The One Hundred MedicinesThe Elder Lord said:An ancient saint does not omit a smallest virtue, and does not keep a smallest evil. Such a practice is called Medicine Taking. The one hundred medicines are:Being gentle and soft-hearted, this is a medicine;Being lenient in practice and having harmony in heart, this is a medicine; Being polite is a medicine;Sleeping and getting up regularly at the proper times, this is a medicine; Approaching the virtuous and keeping away from the sexually attractive, this is a medicine;Eliminating mundane and sexual desires is a medicine; Choosing righteousness instead of money, this is a medicine;Not taking anything that you do not own, this is a medicine; Being compassionate to the wicked, this is a medicine;Using your kindness to gain others' helps or cooperation, this is a medicine; Praying for others and wishing them to be blessed, this is a medicine;Saving others from misfortunes, this is a medicine; Enlightening ignorant and spiritually blind ones, this is a medicine;Persuading the wicked to abandon their bad doings, this is a medicine; Giving virtuous commandments to children or unlearned people, this is a medicine;Enlightening those who are puzzled or misled, this is a medicine; Helping old or weak ones, this is a medicine;Putting your effort into helping others, this is a medicine; Giving alms to the poor and giving helps to the lonely, this is a medicine;Taking pity on the impoverished and relieving others' sufferings, this is a medicine; Being humble to your subordinates, this is a medicine;Using modest language is a medicine; Being respectful and meek is a medicine;Having no overdue debts, this is a medicine; Having faith in the holy teachings, this is a medicine; Using unadorned language and being decent, this is a medicine; Pursuing rectitude and correcting the distorted, this is a medicine;Not involving in quarrels, this is a medicine; Being tolerant even if you are rudely treated, this is a medicine; Never be resentful even if you are insulted, this is a medicine; Promoting the virtuous and reducing the evil, this is a medicine;Leaving better things for others, this is a medicine; Taking lesser mundane rewards, this is a medicine;Praising the sagacious and the virtuous, this is a medicine; Being introspective, repenting and correcting your wrong thoughts and behaviors, this is a medicine;Not showing off your own merits or advantages, this is a medicine; Accepting hard works and giving your own credit to others, this is a medicine;Not trumpeting your virtues, this is a medicine; Not concealing others' merits, this is a medicine;Having no resentment in your heart even if you are in hardship, this is a medicine; Having honesty in your heart and keeping your promises, this is a medicine;Not announcing others' private affairs, this is a medicine; Being thrifty even if you are rich, this is a medicine;Recommending and endorsing those who are better than you, this is a medicine; Being satisfied with little material possessions, this is a medicine;Not being arrogant is a medicine; Helping others to succeed is a medicine;Not being interested in others' private things, this is a medicine; Remaining self contemplation during gaining and losing, this is a medicine;Giving benefits to others secretly, this is a medicine; Not scolding others in your whole life, this is a medicine;Abandoning the habit of criticizing others, this is a medicine; Using kind and virtuous language is a medicine;Repenting yourself when you are diseased or suffering, this is a medicine; Not shirking even if enduring hardship, this is a medicine;Not expecting rewards after giving, this is a medicine; Not abusing animals, this is a medicine;Wishing others to be blessed, this is a medicine; Having impartiality in your heart and equality in your mind, this is a medicine;Letting your heart be tranquil and your mind be calm, this is a medicine; Forgiving others is a medicine;Helping the wicked to repent and correct themselves, this is a medicine; Adopting others' virtuous advices, this is a medicine;Not violating others' freedom, this is a medicine; Restraining your anger is a medicine;Dissipation of gloomy thoughts is a medicine; Respecting and serving elders is a medicine;Being respectful and solemn, with The Door closed, this is a medicine; The practice of filial piety and fraternal duty is a medicine;Blocking the evil and propagating the virtuous, this is a medicine; Being an honest and incorruptible official is a medicine;Being happy to give foods and drinks to others, this is a medicine; Helping others to uphold the Midmost One in their hearts, this is a medicine;Doing salvation work when a solar or lunar eclipse occurs, this is a medicine; Keeping yourself away from doing anything that will harm your honor, this is a medicine;Being clam, unambitious, lenient, and relaxed, this is a medicine; Respecting and practicing the teachings given by the holy and the sagacious, this is a medicine;Being mindful of the divine and Dhoe, this is a medicine; Propagating the holy teachings to enlighten living beings, this is a medicine;Doing meritorious works tirelessly, this is a medicine; Respecting the heaven and the earth, this is a medicine;Bowing to and worshipping the Three Luminaries (the sun, moon, and stars), this is a medicine; Being free from desires is a medicine;Being compassionate, deferential, modest and yielding, this is a medicine; Liking to keep living beings alive and renouncing killing, this is a medicine;Not accumulating a lot of money for yourself, this is a medicine; Not violating the precepts, this is a medicine;Being sincere and creditable, this is a medicine; Not being greedy for money, this is a medicine;Not setting fire to mountains or forests, this is a medicine
* and suggested that all living beings should keep these precepts to cross the ocean of mundane realms
* The great Tao is omnipresent, mystical, and empty,It never fails to respond to any thoughts
* The Elder Lord said:"A man or woman with pure faith, whether he is a lay person or a monk or nun, should accept and hold the scriptures and holy teachings. With the wish to become a divine immortal, he should recite the scriptures day and night to discover their wonderful and subtle meanings.""He should eliminate the various clamors and sundries from his mind, regulate his Heart and tame his origin of thoughts.""With a kind countenance and a gentle voice, he should persuade others to refrain from the five kinds of evil deeds, accept and keep the five precepts, and make offerings to the three treasures.""In order to help others to achieve Tao, he should not discriminate between enjoyments and hardships."(* In other words, he should not prefer enjoyments to hardships)"If he can fully keep the great precepts, carry out ascetic practices, practice giving and forbearance diligently, and sacrifice himself to save others; If he can also renounce the world, live alone in a quiet place, hold his divinity firmly to reach the ultimate tranquility, and be unflappable even when he is facing difficulties, in such a way, he will certainly achieve the Non-Action."Whun-Hey asked: "Are there any things that would encumber the upholding of the scriptures?"The Elder Lord said: "Yes, there are thirteen of them."Whun-Hey asked: "What are they?"The Elder Lord said: "Listen attentively. These thirteen things are: the six defilements, the six consciousnesses, and their origin -- one's heart.
* All the strength I have, I derive from quiescence, and the habit of acting gradually; all my knowledge has been conferred upon me from the same source, The Sage acts by this Law of Gradation to transform both Things and Thoughts, and to change the expression of another's countenance; he acts by the Law of Quiescence to control all beings that move, and to fathom the motive principles of Heaven. The Yin is antagonistic to the Yang; but now, if the principle of gradualness be brought into play, the opposition between the two will be forgotten. The Yang is entered from the Yin, and the Yin from the Yang; for both are the same fundamentally
* Seeing that the Principle of Quiescence cannot be brought under the control of calendrical computations, it needs be that there is a mysterious Receptacle [in Nature];* and from this have sprung the Myriad Simulacra, the Eight Diagrams, the Sexagenary Cycle, the potent faculties of Spirits, and the invisibility of Demons. The mystery of the antagonism between the Yin and the Yang is clearly manifest, and enters into all forms of visible existence. The things recorded in calendars are recorded in the order of their progression; when this is not so, they are noted according to the spontaneity of their nature. Now Spontaneity is the highest form of Quiescence; what is recorded is the active, or working, phase of things; and this active phase being placed on record, the quiescent element becomes more absolutely hidden than ever. Wherefore quiescence is the mysterious Receptacle of Heaven; quiescence produces transmutation and change, and it is through this that Vital Force and Destiny exist. Destiny takes its rise from the two constellations Emptiness and Danger
* Thus, knowing that the natural Dhoe can not be violated, a saintly person holds it back. The ultimate tranquil Dhoe is unable to be matched by calendars. Then there is a wonderful container, inside which myriads of phenomena emerge
* That which is born in the state of Previous Existence, is born invisible--or formless; being extant in the state of Subsequent Existence, it is incorporeal. But that which is incorporeal has never really been extant; wherefore such a thing may be said to be unthinkable.The inherent nature [of man] is quiescent; then his mind is within him. The mind [of man] is active; then his nature is within him. When the mind prevails, the inherent nature is annihilated; when the mind is annihilated, the inherent nature becomes manifested. Resembling emptiness, without external form, it is then pure and pellucid, perfect and complete.The Great TAO is without peer; wherefore [its votary] ever maintains, interiorly, the Actual--the Existent. His unalloyed inherent nature is inactive; wherefore his mind never asserts itself externally. Self-sufficient and spontaneous, illimitable in extent [are the internal resources of such a man]! Whatever may be the circumstances of surroundings with which he is brought into contact, he ignores them all; he is not engulphed in the toils of the Six Despoilers; living in the dusty world, he is yet outside of it; he is not drawn into the transmutations of the myriad affinities. Being perfectly quiescent, he never moves; possessing perfect harmony, he never changes. His wisdom reflects, as in a mirror, the entire Universe; his emptiness evolves inaction. The existence of Law he perceives to be its absence; Not to cultivate [TAO] he understands as, really, its cultivation; He embracingly upholds the myriad forms of Life Without so much anxiety as the tip of a thread of silk
* the long river is hard to stem and block; the mountain of knives cannot be overturned.
* the ten right actions: right vision of the manifold wondrous origins: in all cases, attain the result of spirit pervasion; 2) right hearing, of the mysterious and wondrous sounds: spirit pervades to know all in the ten directions; 3) right knowledge of the entering of fragranceand radiance: spirit pervade numinous energy forever; 4) right sounds, to open the gate of all wonders: spirit pervades the benefits and prosperity and karmic fruits without measure; 5) right actualization of the divine law and ovservance of the precepts: spirit pervades all as the perfected of the dao descend; 6) right mindfullness, of the suffereing of the host of living beings: spirit pervades the karmic reward of radiance and brightness; 7) right imagination, of all without dualityand doubt: spirit pervades the world of the orthodox; right action, in great compassion and karmic awareness: spirit pervades unsurpassed perfection; 9) right concentration, on body and shadow, remaining unmoved even in the multitude of activities, spirit pervades wondrous awakening; 10) right holding together, of body and spirit, firmly and with illumination upholding rightness, spirit pervades mystery and wonder.
* they entered the absorbtion at the source of insight and saw the unlimited sage.
* first receive the perfected precepts, then develop a wind mind of prayer and good will, attain the foundation of the precepts firmly, be steady like the mountain of mystery metropolis
* mind and eyes as well as mouth are hosts to calamities and disasters, the administrators of sin. therefore you must supress them, but be careful! under no circumstances must you ever indulge them.
* remain strong as a vessel for the gods
* avoid any excess of eating, drinking, heat, cold, gazing, listening, crying, shouting, thinking, and anger. all these activities harm the qi and body gods and disturb the purity of life.
* the higher levels of peace and concentration are based on the proper purification (fasting); purification in turn relies most urgently on rectification. rely urgently on purifying your body and rectifying your mind!
* high knowledge is dangerous, deep knowledge is enriching; be calm and always at peace. be restrained and always content, be cautious without worrying, be patient without shame, give up all luxury, devote yourself to perfection, conceal others' flaws, prais others' virtues, teach your neighborhood, befriend the wise and the good, always battle your ego, keep away from sights and sounds, in poverty stick to your lot, in wealth give charity, in action be even and deliberate, in preose, rely on others, never give in to jealousy and hate, reduce stinginess and greed, give up cunning and craftiness, accumulate hidden merity.
* ten prayers of numinous treasure: 1) may my determination be full of chear and may i attain a long life; 2)may i leave death ad enter life 3) may i refine my qi and be aware of my body 4) may i help in the salvation of all living things 6) may the multitude o living beings awaken to the dao may they be forever far away from the demon officials 9) may my body and spirit be equally wondrous 10) may i match the dao and join perfection
* pursue inner nature and destiny and search for mystery and wonder
* widely pursue salvation of all beings in spontaneous accordance with the spirits and perfected.
* on the day of receiving the Dao shouldcultivate oneself on the inside and dissolve disasters on the outside.
* statutes of MysteryMetropolis. [18b]The statutes say:All petitions and prayers should be firm and not ornate, demure and not crafty, simpleand not fanciful, true and not false, straight and not crooked, deliberate and not vexed,pure and not defiled, clear and not turbid, straightforward and clearly structured, to thepoint and conveying sincerity. With these qualities, they will exert an impulse onHeaven and Earth, move the demons and spirits, and induce the celestial administratorsto respond promptly. Anyone going against this statute who does not hold on properlyto the divine law will be punished by the parish officers. [20b]The statutes say:Petitions for the dissolution of disease should be directed toward the gate of demons.Petitions for the dissolution of calamities should be directed toward the door of Earth.Petitions for seeking long life should be directed toward the gate of Heaven. Petitionsfor seeking wealth and nobility, riches and advantage should be directed toward thedoorway of Earth. Petitions for the dissolution of badmouthing, curses, and slandershould be directed toward the gate of humanity. Petitions to subdue tigers should bedirected toward the yin direction. Petitions to subdue snakes should be directed towardthe si direction. If done in this manner, the petitions will join forces with the network ofHeaven and bring great good fortuneThe statutes say:To cultivate good fortune, extend one’s years, dissolve disasters and harm, and cure orsuppress the hundred diseases, always present the petition facing east. To exorcisegraves, eliminate [ancestral] burdens, open the heart, enhance perception and intellect,and survive disasters and danger, always present the petition facing west.The statutes say:To fight disasters and difficulty, dangers and emergencies, to seek life from the midst ofdeath, and to dissolve evil and subdue specters, always present the petition facing north.[21b]The statutes say:To cultivate the self, nourish inner nature, create warmth and pleasure, wealth andnobility, and fulfill a myriad wishes, always present the petition facing south.The statutes say:When presenting a petition, in all cases be firm and upright, humble and faithful,thereby creating the proper impulse in your heart and will. Make a strong pledge to the[celestial] deputies and soldiers and never go against the statutes.The statutes say:What makes Heaven eliminate the response of death is that it dissolves all sins. If thathappens, the entire person benefits greatly, but it does not off on other people or evenone’s own descendants of later generations. It creates only the good fortune of an oldperson, and that is all.
* pray and be mindful that for all beings the bridge of release shall be wide open