Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

static vision (Page 1)

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
I am experiencing what I can only describe as "staticy vision". It worsens in brighter lights & never goes away. If I look at something bright, then look away, I can see the outline of the image, & it fades away slowly. I have a history of drug use, but am clean now. Could this have any effect on what I'm experiencing now? It's extremely irritating & at my last appointment with the optometrist, he couldn't find anything wrong. Does anybody have any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper shane1151
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
Experienced User
You may want to check with someone who can check your brain (a neurologist perhaps?) because that sounds more like a brain processing problem than a sight processing problem to me. And since I do not know what is causing it I would have no idea if drugs could have started this.
|

replied May 5th, 2009
This is HPPD. Google it, you'll find what you're looking for.
|

replied February 8th, 2010
iv had static vision as far as i can remember.also blue electrical feild.i was diagnosed with insufilitis when i was in 5th grade.when i stare at a point and let my eyes unfocus is see the static even more and eventually turns into lines and shapes like people moveing.espically on dark and white surfaces.i really dont know to make of it.i do know that the static is really there through expermints i have performened.pleases excuse my spelling.but if anyone needs to talk about it and possible answers please feel free to write me you are not alone.so im willing to try to help anyone whom has this problem.thanks much,shane
|

replied June 1st, 2010
Static in vision
I have had this too for as long as I can remember and have searched on the net for so long noone else knows what it is my friends think im making it up & the doctors cant find a reason Ive had my eyes cheaked so many times but I can see perfectly, the only thing I havent had is a scan to see if it's a tumor, Ive had it for over 10 years & It really freaks me out is there a way to fix it I live in NZ and have honestly seen about 10 doctors none can help me they just send me to get my eyes tested
|

replied June 1st, 2010
Static in vision
I have had this too for as long as I can remember and have searched on the net for so long noone else knows what it is my friends think im making it up & the doctors cant find a reason Ive had my eyes cheaked so many times but I can see perfectly, the only thing I havent had is a scan to see if it's a tumor, Ive had it for over 10 years & It really freaks me out is there a way to fix it I live in NZ and have honestly seen about 10 doctors none can help me they just send me to get my eyes tested
|

replied July 6th, 2010
google those with visual snow
|

replied February 28th, 2011
static, snow.... how annoying!!!!!
i've had this for 5 days now, and it's driving me crazy... this wikipedia page helps with an overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow. doctors asked for an ekg, sonogram of my artieres, blood tests for lymes disease and other things, through eye exam- and all came back normal. i have an mri in a few weeks. did anyone else learn more about their situation? i hope so!
|

replied February 28th, 2011
jjhhjjhh, were you using drugs when this came about, ssri's or having migraines?
|

replied July 23rd, 2011
Dont listen to what the Medicators tell you..
What we all share is an ability to view past what is considered to be "normal" reality. Visual manifestations of the sub-conscious mind are neither a side effect of a chemical reaction nor reason for insanity.

If you show any of these symptoms I urge you to persue meditation..

You may be surprised.
|

replied March 15th, 2012
Visual Snow...Meditation
Thats pretty interesting theory, im 27 and have had these symptoms for years along with a host of disassoitative symptoms. Ive had all sorts of medical tests that show nothing, my latest treatment has been hypnotherapy which has improved my state of mind but not the visual symptoms. Ive tried meditation but struggle with it.
Have u had more then the visual stuff? have u put it down to anxiety?
Mark
|

replied October 22nd, 2011
Hello, I am yet another person with visual snow.
I can adapt to it normally. However some times it makes me think too much to the
point I have a panic attack because I think I have some life-altering disease.
The part that freaks me out the most. Is when I over exert myself I have these round bright orbs that float around in my vision, than fade away.
That is the only part that freaks me out.
And often i get a funny feeling in my brain that feels like.. When you hear
an amazing singer, and you get that incredible feeling.
It's so weird.
And often I wish I could be normal.
And regret my past drug abuse in my teen years.
|

replied May 15th, 2012
Static vision
I have this static vision and I've been trying to figure out what it is. I talked to my eye doctor and he said something about being very perceptive to seeing light bounce off of stuff. But I don't think it is exactly the same thing.

For me, on top of seeing constant static (the brighter the background the more intense the static) it sometimes turns into lines, and colors and I don't even have to look at an object before I see its after image. Even now I can see like a blue color around the yellow highlighted words. I can see a thin clear outline around everything, and sometimes I can see colors around things along with the clear outline. I can also see random lights almost like a glare or something. I have floaters really badly also if that accounts for anything.

But I guess I have always had this problem, I remember making a comment to my mum about a television being more clear than my vision. I just never realized any of this until I got a little older. Yeah, I had to get glasses soon after but even after getting lasic last december I still see all of this same stuff.
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
Static snow
I started getting static snow recently like in the.past couple months it worries me to death....I also I have drugs in the past...so it might have something to do with it....I guess life will never be the same. Im male 21 years old and it can obscure my vision at times, do ylu guys think I should get vision test done to see if I need glasses? Im elated that at least im not alone
|

replied August 14th, 2012
I too have this issue. I have never known what to call it, and some people that i have described it to try and attribute it to the enormous amount of caffeine/coffee i drink. I too have a history of drug use (it would be interesting to hear what others have used, to find a possible correlation). The only way I can describe the static vision though is by relating it to a visual depiction of photons of light zipping through your vision like you would see on some sort of science channel - or just regular static on a TV screen. Also, if I stare at an object long enough - sometimes just a few seconds - its contrast will change and will begin to morph (almost as if I had eaten mushrooms). Interesting that there are so many people experiencing this. Sound can also mess me up pretty good; just being at a concert can throw my brain and vision way off to the point of falling over. Also, I have had a few issues in the past where my brain experienced seizure like episodes, where it felt as though someone hooked jumper cables to my brain, but i had no shaking of the body whatsoever, and i would be able to carry on a conversation while experiencing it. Almost like an electrical glitch in my brain. I had been to several doctors including optometrists and neurologists, had several in-depth scans, and all results came back normal. If anyone has any inquiries or comments, it'd be great to hear!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied August 14th, 2012
aasdfasdf was right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_ persisting_perception_disorder

hits the nail on the head. at least for the static vision/visual snow.
|

replied November 6th, 2012
Re: Static vision
Essadona wrote:
I have this static vision and I've been trying to figure out what it is. I talked to my eye doctor and he said something about being very perceptive to seeing light bounce off of stuff. But I don't think it is exactly the same thing.

For me, on top of seeing constant static (the brighter the background the more intense the static) it sometimes turns into lines, and colors and I don't even have to look at an object before I see its after image. Even now I can see like a blue color around the yellow highlighted words. I can see a thin clear outline around everything, and sometimes I can see colors around things along with the clear outline. I can also see random lights almost like a glare or something. I have floaters really badly also if that accounts for anything.

But I guess I have always had this problem, I remember making a comment to my mum about a television being more clear than my vision. I just never realized any of this until I got a little older. Yeah, I had to get glasses soon after but even after getting lasic last december I still see all of this same stuff.

I realise this is an old post, but I have almost *exactly* the same symptoms described here. If you ever read this Essadona, I'd like very much to hear from you and if you're ok.
|

replied January 22nd, 2013
Xanthon, I still haven't found out what this is yet. Everything's still fine just if I focus on the static sometimes it's kinda like looking at patterns or lines or a giant web or something. I'm not sure. Most of these people hear talk about previous drug use, but I've never done drugs so I'm not sure even where to start with looking. Let me know if you find anything out.
|

replied January 28th, 2013
truth.
Its not a vision problem or a mental problem it is a gift an ability that is rare and uncommon the ability to see what is truly there and the illusion of reality. reality is a construct of our perception (what we perceive defines what we believe) therefore by embracing this curse you can realize that it is a gift look into some great awakening spiritualism and the chakra systems of the body. you already have an enlightened form of vision a gift that make take others years upon years to accomplish. discover who you really are find your higher self.
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2013
visual static, heatwave effects on white and cream walls!!!
Im 25years old and lived with mild static for about 7years I recently camoff anti deppressents and its tripled in sharpness its so scary ive had my eyes tested and everything is fine ive done alot of research and been on the hppd online website which I think ive got I carnt rest untill ive been diagnosed I just need to go a day without crying and thinking im going to go insane if it gets too bad im not the same person I was 8weeks ago and im scared that its going to get that bad I want too die the static is 24/7 I habe floaters, after images on everything, black heatwave effect on white/cream walls or flooring, flying balls of lights like mini flys, head pressure and tighting of the head, depression, ringing of the ears amd starbursting lights, its really scary I dont no what to do amy replies will help thanks
|
12 >>
Tags: vision
Quick Reply