Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

start crying and i cant make it stop.

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
When I'm talking to someone I start to get upset for no reason at all. I just suddenly start crying and i cant understand why. I want to say that its just horomones but I'm like this 24/7 and I know I have depression and Im bipolar. But I still dont understand why i start crying and i cant make it stop. I take medication to calm me down but it only starts working after Ive been crying for an hour or so... I hate losing control of my emotions, mostly because almost all of my emotions turn to tears. Im sick of it. I may be over reacting but I really need some advice, its killing me being like this so do you think you could give me some advice thats reasonable? Or advice to keep them controlled? Or hidden? Or stopped all together? Thank you for taking the time to read this and I respect your decision whether to reply or not.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2012
Depression Answer A35386
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Your symptoms of sudden crying are suggestive of depression. Depression is a mental disorder characterized by a pervasive low mood, loss of interest in usual activities and diminished ability to experience pleasure.

The three most commonly indicated treatments for depression are psychotherapy, medication (antidepressants), and electroconvulsive therapy. You should talk to your family members because the support that they can provide is one of the best medicine. If the symptoms persist then please consult your psychiatrist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.