Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Staph And herpes?

Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
Hi, my boyfriend got head from another girl. A week later, I saw him and we had sex and oral sex multiple times. I had cuts on my lips at the time. A few days later I started noticing blisters on my lips which have now turned into covering almost my whole bottom lip and progressively turned a yellow-ish color. I also noticed I have bumps on my vagina. My boyfriend went to the doctor because he has an abscess in his groin/pelvis and little bumps on his penis, and they told him he has a staph infection. However, when I went to the doctor, they told me I have a staph infection on my vagina, yet I have herpes on my mouth. Being in a foreign country, I am skeptical of their diagnosis. If you think this is true, how can I have herpes and he doesnt? Can you please explain this to me, for I have never been in this much pain in my life. (on top of all of this I have strep throat). Someone help, thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Men usually are asymptomatic even if they have Herpes infection. The Staph infection could be due to transfer of infection from your partner due to intercourse and sexual contact. If you are worried about your diagnosis, you should consider going ahead with repeat evaluation. Get started on appropriate treatment (based on examination findings and investigations results). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.