Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Stage 4 endometriosis

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
Hi, I'm Lucy, 18 years old and just diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis. I had no symptoms until a couple of weeks ago when i got awful stomach pains and it turned out i had three massive endometriomas. I had never even heard of endometriosis until last week and am really upset at the prospect of taking zoladex to put me in some kind of fake menopause for 6 months. I want children in the future and am devestated that it is stage 4. Do i really need this treatment? I had no symptoms until the endometriomas got so big (14cm, 10cm and 9cm). Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 23rd, 2009
i really sympathise with at such a young too. i think if you have had things removed the other alternative method is to have fake menapause,from my consultation with my gp this morning, my understanding is that it will give time fr my body to heal ans stop any furher damage. and fr u hopefully have children. that is my understanding but u must ask before you have any treatments. xx
|

replied October 15th, 2012
Strong birth control pills will be better than the Lupron or other menopause-inducing drugs.
I've had this horrible disease most of my life, and have found that the foods you eat have a strong impact also. Make sure you eat only grass-fed organic beef (otherwise beef is not government regulated for hormone induction), go light on cheese, and switch to almond milk rather than dairy. You will be pleased at how this will slow your endo growth and pain.
Caffeine and alcohol are also attributed to endo growth. Drink lots of water, and exercise when you can. My heart goes out to you - I promise these tips will help.
|