Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spleen Forum

Stabbing Pain under left Rib

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Do you have this pain too?
Yes
No
100%  100%  [ 2 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2
Alright so ... since july//august of 2008, i've had this pain under my left ribs. Sometimes it switches to the right rib, or spreads through my body and i cant even move because its that painful. What its like is; its a stabbing pain, breathing in really deep is very painful, when i slouch over it helps [sometimes] and take small fast breaths. I've been to multiple doctors; hear doctors, lungs, i've gotten done a x-ray, and many other doctors. The pain can last from a minute, to a all day thing. Today its been the second time i've had it all day- since the moment i woke up. But I want to know what exactly is it? I have gone to the MAO clinic hospital and gotten examined; they said i was nothing. But to be completely honest; it is something. but what?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
i know exactly what your talking about i get that too and went to the doctors for it and they could find anything they did blood work x-rays the whole 9 yards, and nothing! I wish i knew the answer to this question too!
|

replied January 23rd, 2011
Maybe it is refered pain, and the problem is coming from your back somehow. I would see a chiropractor!
|

replied January 23rd, 2011
Maybe it is refered pain, and the problem is coming from your back somehow. This sometimes happens to me, and I feel like I can not take a deep breath in. I would see a chiropractor!
|
Quick Reply