Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Stabbing pain in right temple

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I am having this awful stabbing pain in my right temple. I've had sharp shooting head pains for the last few months, but this is almost unbearable. I'm wondering if it's normal or if this is something that could be very serious. I am currently without health insurance so I don't want to go to the ER if it's not needed.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2009
Headache and Migraines Answer A7419
Hi
Welcome to the forum!
Your symptoms (awful stabbing pain in my right temple) could be due to a number of causes. It could just be high or low blood pressure. It could be temporal arteritis or inflammation of temporal artery.
The other possibility is pinched cervical spinal nerve. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc.
At times caries tooth and internal aer infection can cause a throbbing pain in temple.
It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please discuss this with your doctor and get yourself investigated accordingly. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.