Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Stabbing pain in chest and leg

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I am more and more frequently having a stabbing pain in my chest and leg simotaniously. The stabbing pains occur both at the same time every time. It is a horrible stabbing pain that makes me bring my knee up to my chest. It is always my left leg and just under my heart area. Do you have any idea what this may be caused from?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2010
Anxiety and Stress Answer A8936
Hello.

Since you have a history of Kidney Stones, please compare this current pain to the pain you might have experience earlier due to the stones. Pain of the kidney stones is not known to be relieved by change in body position. Please consult your surgeon and rule out a recurrence of kidney stones.

Another possibility could be some problem with the spinal nerves. It is difficult to pin point the level of a probably nerve impingement at some level, but getting an scan of your back will help you rule out any protruded disc and/or nerve impingement.

Regards

This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.