Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Stabbing pain below left rib cage

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have a stabbing pain below the left rib cage which occurs about every 10 seconds. It is close to the lowest rib. I also have burning when I urinate. don't know if this a connection.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2010
Supporter
hello and welcome..Have you fell or banged your rib at all recently?
A bruised rib can give you spasms of pain when you either move or cough.
Sounds like you may also have a urine or kidney infection and would advise you take a sample to your doctor to have tested. If its kidney then you would also have discomfort around the waistline area but will feel it more in your back.
When i bruised a rib it was advised to sleep propped up with pillows to a sitting position as lying down was painful..take anti inflammatories and then keep till better..
Im not a doctor but would advise get checked out to make sure there are no under lying problems.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply