Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Stabbing burning sensation below the ear

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
For as long as I can remember, I have had periodic attacks of severe pain below the ear near the Eustachian Tube area. It is a stabbing burning sensation. It comes and goes sporadically and it seems like it happens whether I'm doing something or not. The last time I had it was about a year ago while driving. It hurt so bad I had a small wreck. It didn't happen again until today. The pain seems to calm down when I apply pressure to that area. Sometimes it is a constant pain while other times it is like a pulsing pain. Every time, it feels like a stabbing burning pain though. The closest thing I found to it is Trigeminal Neuralgia. The information seems to fit me. But does anyone else have any idea what it might be? Is it the trigeminal neuralgia or something else? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply