Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

SSri's dont work..they make it worse . help

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
the klonipin does not take aways my panic attacks..xanax works great but no doctors are willing to give it to me..i tryed all the SSRI\'s they dont work..help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2011
Experienced User
hey!

My klonopin is running out and I'm switching doctors so I'm being tapered off. I'm very sensitive to it so it sucks. I did do a lot of research and found something. A lot of herbs and teas help.

I started taking Valerian root extract and it helps me a lot. Talk to a pharmacist first to be safe. There are a lot of alternatives I was unaware of so don't give up hope!
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2011
i tryed that
tryed alllll the natural herds Valerian root camomile tea..even Kava root..the kave is great but it tasted like crap..id reither just take a pill..all and all yull have to go back to drugs..hope the best for u tho

Read more: General Q and A Forum - SSri's dont work..they make it worse . help http://ehealthforum.com/health/ssri-s-dont -work-they-make-it-worse-help-t280141.html #ixzz1LPEzCM99
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2011
i tryed that
i tryed alllll the natural herds Valerian root camomile tea..even Kava root..the kave is great but it tasted like crap..id reither just take a pill..all and all yull have to go back to drugs..hope the best for u tho
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
XnickX,

There are many doctors "out there" that prescribe Xanax, to patients that carry the proper diagnosis and are in a stable doctor-patient relationship.

As Xanax is a controlled substance it is subject to antiabuse regulations. It raises red flags if a patient obtains it from multiple doctors, fills prescriptions at multiple pharmacies, or refills prescriptions early.

You need to see one specific physician, who can diagnosis your anxiety, and is willing to prescribe the appropriate medicine. However, don't expect a family doctor to just hand out Xanax because you say you have anxiety. Most will want you to see a mental health provider, at least in consultation, as therapy for anxiety is usually just as important as medication.

Unfortunately, those who misuse and abuse controlled substances have made it more difficult for those who need the medication to obtain it.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2011
im see a therapist and im waitin to see the psychiatrist but it take for everrrr..i cant keep callin 911..thanks tho i agree with everything u said
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
XnickX,

If you are in immediate need of help, or may possibly harm yourself, do go to the ER. There are also acute care mental health clinics in most big cities, that will see you on a walk in basis.

Hope you feel better soon. Good luck on your upcoming appointment.
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2011
thanks
thank u so much..
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2011
Experienced User
I'm sorry all of that didn't work for you Sad good luck! I really hope you feel better!
|

replied March 17th, 2012
3/17/2012

Please read my new post on

http://ehealthforum.com/health/panic-at-ni ght-after-lying-down-thoughts-of-dying-as- result-t313882.html

It may be of help for you; I hope so.
|