Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Squeezing headache and tingling

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
i have been having headaches on and off through the day, sometimes it feels like my head is being squeezed. i get sudden tingling in my hands and feet, and some sharp body pains. i do have anxiety, are those all symptoms?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2010
Anxiety and Stress Answer A17912
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Your symptoms are pointing towards the diagnosis of tension headache.
A tension headache is the most common headache. A tension headache generally produces a diffuse, usually mild to moderate pain over your head. Many people have the feeling to having a tight band around their head.

Try over the counter medicines like aspirin or acetaminophen. For headache that cannot be controlled with pain relievers, antidepressants, beta-blockers, or anticonvulsants are usually prescribed. Use a cold compress to the area of pain, rest in a room with little or no sensory stimulation (light, sound, and odors) and withdraw from stressful surroundings.

If still the headaches persist then please consult a neurologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.