Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

spotting randomly and after sex

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I have been on yaz for almost three months and just a week ago I started spotting for about 5 days. Before that I had forgotten to take a pill and took some late, probably the reason why I was spotting. For the past week I have been taking them on time and today I bled after intercourse, this has only happened once before about 4 months ago. Help is this due to the pill?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2009
Experienced User
I would see your doctor; the symptoms you describe are abnormal.

Spotting would be explained by missing pills, but randomly bleeding after intercourse causes question. If it were from a physical abrasion or something of that type, then I would not worry. However if it was not, I would really suggest seeing your doctor.
|
Did you find this post helpful?