Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Spotting for 3 weeks, can't sleep!

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Like the topic says, I have been spotting for 3 weeks today. This month's menses started out as spotting, turned regular, now have been spotting ever since. It doesn't seem to be getting any better either Sad Also, for the last few mornings when I try to sleep [3rd shift worker] I can't and its driving me absolutely insane! What the hell is wrong with me??? I'm not on any form of hormonal birth control [tubal done last Nov.] so what's the deal? I must have an imbalance somewhere !!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2009
Supporter
the best thing that you can do is see your doctor. i was spotting for three weeks, then regular the next, then spot for three weeks. my doctor took a lot of tests and found our i had a cyst on my ovary.
just because that happened to me doesnt mean that you have that problem.
i then started to have really heavy periods with large clots. with all the menses problems i was having the lining of my uterus was thick which caused me to bleed heavy. so my doctor had to perform a hysteroscopy (camera in uterus) to see what's going on, and a D&C (Scraped the lining on my uterus). he put me on the depo shot, which didnt work for me.
the combination birth control pills did the trick. i went to the doctor and he told me i no longer have any cysts on my ovaries.
birth control pills keeps you from having cysts because it regulates your periods.
i think it took the doctors one year from the first time i had a problem to getting surgery to find relief in this situation. because of tests, sonograms, ultrasounds, blood tests, referral doctors, then surgery.
|

replied August 7th, 2009
A few years ago I was one or two days late, then had about a three day period, then it stopped (i always have 6 days) then it started again but it was off and one. I was naive and just let it go thinking my period was just being rediculous, then one day I had really bad pains and could barely get out of bed. I went to the Dr. and she told me I was not pregnant based on pee test. The next day she called me and told me the blood test said that I was. Turns out I was having a miscarriage. I hoep this isn't happening to you, but it is best to go to the doctor. I had no idea i was pregnant.
|

replied January 18th, 2011
My sister has not been able to sleep for 7 months and has been experiencing anxiety & panic attacks and can't
sleep and is becoming very deparate to get some sleep. She has been taking birth control for 3-4 years for the cyst she has. Please help!What can she do? Are there any test she can perform to figure out why she can't sleep?

Sheila
|