Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Spotting for 4 days after sex, 3 days after period.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hey all! I have a scheduled dr.s appt for Thursday to address this issue, however, Thursday is a long time away for me, and I just need to soothe my anxiety. Ok, so here's my issue...

About 4 weeks ago my boyfriend and I were having sex, at which point I got the most horrible cramp and had to make him stop. I felt sick, got a cold chill and started sweating, then had a bowel movement and felt entirely better. 2 days later, when I went to the bathroom and wiped I noticed black blood on my tissue, the next day it was light brown, and then after that there was nothing. A week and a half later I started my period. It was normal as usual, lasted for almost a full 7days. 2 days after my period went off, my boyfriend and I had sex again, a little on the rough side, but not nearly as rough as usual. After sex, I went to the bathroom to clean up and everything was normal. The next morning however, when I wiped there was light brown blood on the tissue, and its been like that for the past 4 days. Around the 2nd day of this strange spotting I started noticing that my breasts were very tender.

I highly doubt I'm pregnant, as we are hypervigilant about using protection and as far as I know there were no malfunctions with the condom use. No, I am not on any form of birth control.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, when you went to the doctor was everything fine? I'm such a freak about my health, that I've gotten myself terrified of all the possibilities it could be.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Condoms have failure rates associated with them. If you are not on any other form of birth control, then you could be at risk for pregnancy. Your symptoms could be suggestive of possibility of pregnancy, endometritis, PID, ovarian problems, etc. You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance. Treatment as appropriate would be started (based on examination and investigation results) to help you. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.