Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Spotting followed by heavy bleeding

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
On January 4th I came on my period and I that day I had intercourse but,I week later I noticed spotting then that spotting turn into the heaviest Crimson red bleeding I have ever seen. The bleeding lasted for exactly a week right after my period. The bleeding was crimson red from start to finish it was the heavist bleedind i've ever had and the bleeding was not normal like my period bleeding cause Cramps were almost not there and the blood came out differently then my regular period blood. Then later scabs looked like they were forminng on my breast two weeks after this crimson bleeding and my hormonal bumps came back that I have regularly that normally puss white. The hormonal bumbs my doctor told me all I need is a antibiotic to cure the bumps. but all this happened between today and january 4th 2010...Im just hoping im not pregnant...

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2010
Am I Pregnant Answer A10043
Hi, Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. What you are suffering from raises the possibility of intermenstrual bleeding. It can be due to genital infections or cervical polyps (benign growths on the cervix). Other causes may be uterine fibroids, miscarriage after a pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, fluctuation in hormone levels and hypothyroidism. You should wait for the regular date of your periods and in case you miss them, you should do a urine for pregnancy test to rule out the same. The bumps which you are having could be due to follicultis and a short course of antibiotic therapy should help in improving the same.

Please get yourself evaluated by a gynecologist as pelvic examination and investigations are required to confirm a diagnosis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.