Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Spotting before period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Okay.. I am not sexually active. I took a shower with my boyfriend making sure to keep his penis well away from my vagina. I put my hand in his pocket one night when he was excited with just a bit of precum on the pocket material. I used the bathroom afterwards (I was telling him goodnight when i did it then he left and i went). I wiped, but i'm pretty sure i used the other hand. And if not it shouldn't have been far enough in to make a difference, mixed with the fact it was probably dry and there was TP in between. I really don't think that should have done anything, but maybe i'm wrong?

I am scheduled to start my period on the 12th, but don't always have the most normal of periods. I started out having the regular brown discharge i get before periods on friday and started getting a little red spotting afterwards. I put in a tampon assuming i was about to start my period when i saw the brown discharge. When i took it out that night there was very little blood on it. Saturday was a little more. and today I'd say a little more. It still isn't much.

I've read that discharge before your period can be a normal thing for girls, but could also be implantation bleeding. Is there any way to differentiate between the two. I haven't done anything i would think would cause pregnancy but i'm still scared. Please tell me anything you can that will help.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2009
anybody?
|

replied August 11th, 2009
The bleeding seems to be tapering off. I'm supposed to be starting tomorrow. Not sure if this means anything.
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2009
Are you on birth control? If yes what kind? You don't always have normal periods...like not every 28 days? Like two a month? Skipping a month? if you are supposed to start your period on the 12th when was the first day of your last period? Do you have a gynecologist and if so have you been diagnosed with any problem related to your period? Do you have a thyroid disorder? are you over weight?
|

replied August 13th, 2009
Not on birth control. Period isn't normal necessarily. It used to be a few days late but was like that every month. Then it seems like lately it had become pretty close to a regular 28 day cycle. Only one period per month. Not diagnosed with anything. Regular weight, not as active as i used to be though.

It started spotting friday the 7th. somewhat increased (barely) until the 11th or so. Then the 12th the regular period started when it should, very heavy bleeding. Now today it seems to be tapering off.
|

replied August 22nd, 2009
Okay. I bled for roughly 5 days. I was spotting before i started my period then on the day my period was expected i got REALLY heavy bleeding. The day after it started tapering off until eventually (4 days later) it quit. It was about what my regular flow is after the first day. Is this something to note or is it just an irregular period.

Also, I've heard that if you are pregnant when your breasts get tender for your period they will stay that way after your period would have been. Is that always true? In turn, if the tenderness went away would that rule out pregnancy completely?
|

replied September 12th, 2009
fm212,
I have been having a similar situation. I had the regular brown discharge 2 days before my regular period would typically start, and then barely bled for those 2 days, followed by a more regular period. I was curious as to if you ever got an answer that you were satisfied with and could possibly share it with me.
|