Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

spotting before first period ? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
about 1 month ago i went to the bathroom and i wiped and i saw blood, then i wiped some more and it was still there. So i put on a pad (by the way i havent had my 1st period yet) and when i went to the bathroom about 2 hrs later nothing was there and from that day it has never came back. I have been having white discharge for 9 months now.Also i have heard spotting come up but i really dont know what that means and would that mean im close to my period???? very confused!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Coolstorysis
|
Users who thank luv_meeeee:) for this post: Get567healthy 

replied July 8th, 2008
ok people!!!!
this is the same user and can u please just say what you think i really need help and i dont know what else to do!!! Sad
|

replied March 27th, 2013
Hey girl Smile don't worry you will get your first period soon, but be prepared with extra pads, and extra panty liners in your locker just in case something happens... I am in the process of getting mine yet and its not that far away, I am kinda anxious about getting mine yet. Relax it will come soon discharge can be weird sometimes but its perfectly normal. Hope this helps Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Relax Smile

Things are going to be weird. Discharge is very annoying but normal. Some women have more than others and varies depending on where you are in your cycle.

Spotting is when you have just a little bit of blood, but its not a full period. How much blood and how often do you get this blood?

You're still very young, and I wouldn't expect a normal period for at least a few years. You may want to ask your mom about these things too, she can give you a good idea of how things will probably go for you.

Don't rush it, you're still young and your periods are going to be irregular and may not even come for awhile.
|

replied December 31st, 2009
im 15 and im spotting, what does that mean? its happend for like the past week but i dont like bleed bad.
|

replied February 7th, 2012
Your old to be on your period or spotting i was 8 when i started
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi luv_meeeee and negativenelly,

Welcome to the world of womanhood, each of you are at the first stage of developing into a beautiful young woman, like that of a butterfly. You are beginning to spread your wings and fly. What you are expercing is a normal process of many. The "stain" brown spotting, white, discharge, (if you haven't had these, they too will come, swelling, soreness of the breast, mood swings, cravens of sweets,(choclates for many girls), headaches, bloated feelings in the mid-section, and severe pain in the lower back. There are over-the-counter medications for all of these symptomes, it they become to unbearable, your parents can take you to the doctor and have prescribed medications for you. Another good idea would be to have an OB/GYN do a physical just to be sure everything is ok.

Good Luck, and welcome to the world of womanhood. Hopefully you aren't yet, but any sexual, penis, vagina activity could result in pregancy.

Faded Rose
|

replied October 15th, 2011
Spotting, Periods, HELP.
PLEASE HELP.
I am 13, almost 14. And last week I had very light brownish stuff only when I would wipe when I used the bathroom. it only went on for one day every single time I went to the bathroom but It never would end
up in my underwear, just on the toilet paper.. And my biggest concern is when I went to the the bathroom
that day everytime, I would have this HORRIBLE pain in my lower stomach. I almost cried.. And after I was
done using the bathroom the pain would just go
away. I also get a milky white discharge everyday for
about 6-7 months now, I get insanly moody
sometimes and sometimes have emotional
breakdowns and I've been craving food alot but I don't get cramps, headaches or
back pain... Can someone help me understand what's going on? Hahah.
|

replied January 22nd, 2010
help
hi umm i am 11 years old and all o my friends have gotten their period but one is about to she is spotting but i dont know whats happining cause i am happy then i will start yelling at teachers parents or friends. and i am having bad back pains and kinda bad cramps in the lower stomach. how will i know when i am about to start help me
|

replied February 7th, 2012
I was 8 when i started now 13
|

replied January 23rd, 2010
spotting
you could start any time girl
|

replied March 12th, 2010
how much blood will come out if you are spotting and how long will it last for? Plz answer i need help
|

replied September 28th, 2011
listen spotting is a few little spots about the size of dimes, different sizes for different girls..... and by having spotting you probly get ur period soon as in maybe a few months maybe less time every girl is different
|

replied March 12th, 2010
How do you know it isn't your first period because i have had blood and i have had is for around 3 days, so what does it mean???? PLZ help
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2010
HELP!!
kayy... i have milkywhite discharge for like 1 month now , emotion waves i get angry fast, have a craving for sugar and today i had a brown spotting with white discharge and today i had an headache and over this month i have little bits of cramp . i am 10 gonna turn 11 in december i have not had my first period yet, what is happening to me ? please help me, approxiamately when do you guys think i will have my first period?please help
|

replied August 29th, 2010
Re: HELP!!
Hey! Private Message Me, I Can Help You Out
|

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2010
a happy girl!!!
hey rosemary12 here i wanted to tell ya guys something after i commented yesterday i got my period an hour later and i have horible cramps!!!Smile
|

replied August 31st, 2010
Menstrual Cycle
Hi could someone help me i have had spotting for a week or two and i've been having some slite cramps.I have all the symptoms saying that all get my period soon but never got it i'm ten turning eleven in november please help me i'm scared that i might get it at school.If you guys have any advice please tell me because i'm getting this masive cramp under my bellybutton.If you have any advice please tell me.
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2010
RE: Menstrual Cycle
that means your period is just around the corner gal get a small baggy and put some pads in it an pair of extra clothes , and under wear. talk to your mom or any other trusted female and relax , dont excercise it will hurt more. dont stress it or you'll be likely to have a bad out come. dont go on crazy diets or anything try to eat normal atleast alitle more then normal because when you start bleeding you might get dehydrated so when you get it at school tell your gym teacher you feel unwell. when you do get it eat protein stuff and healthy things that give you energy and drink alot of water and finally talk to your mom or other females but dont tell your bff's just yet unless you get it at school ,get friends to help:) hope this helped
|

replied September 2nd, 2010
But i'm not spotting anymore what does that mean?Now i only have a light brown discharge what does that mean?Your help would be greatly appreiceated.
|

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2010
RE:KYRA
probably its because of what your eating or period ids going in steps like: brown discharge, light brown discharge, ..... red blood? but you never know each girl is different stay calm
|

replied September 8th, 2010
No i havent had red blood yet but i saw a phsycic and she said "a transit period will happen to me on the 29"
|

replied October 8th, 2010
Hey you guys I have had spotting for a week it stopped and then a month later it starts again do you guys think that counts like a period?
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2010
I am really worried cos ever since yesterday every time I go to the toilet I wipe and there's blood on the paper and there's 4 or 5 drops of blood on my pad I think it might be spotting but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if Its a period cos I haven't had my first period yet and every time it happens I don't get cramps I'm only 13, Please Help!
|

replied October 28th, 2010
Am I gonna get my period...? Scarreeddd /:
I just went to the bathroom today and there was a little bit of blood (like 5-6-7 drops). I have been verrry moody and easily agitated, and I'm always going into our cooking cabinet and eating chocolate chips. Also, cramps & headaches /: oh and I'm almost 12 and a half- am I gonna get my period really soon? I'm scared (especially cause I have my first school dance tmrw) /:
|