Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

spotting about 10 days after period?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone have had the same experiences as me and if so, could help me?.

So. I was antibiotics for about two weeks so I guess my birth control wasn't working. I still did get my period but instead of starting on a Wednesday, I started on a Monday. I wasn't worried because I was antibiotics so I thought maybe that is why. I had my period a week or more ago, and now yesterday and today I have been spotting like very light pink, and well also kinda brown.

I am sexually active, and I do take my pill every day, but not always at the exact same time. Also, I haven't changed the type of pills I am on Avianne. I am just wondering should i be worried or I hope someone can give me some information.

Thank you,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 1st, 2009
You should get a pregnancy test. The pill is not completely effective and it is still possible to have a period when you are pregnant. When I got pregnant with my last child, I spotted just like you did and then had a full on period before I found out I was indeed pregnant. If you get a negative result, I would suggest speaking to your OBGYN.
|
Did you find this post helpful?