Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Spots on chin

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
Hello. I seem to always have angry red spots on my face, but only ever on my chin and around my jaw. I don't get them anywhere else, or if I do, they're not a problem. It takes a lot of makeup to cover these spots because they're so red, and sometimes even that won't do it. I seem to get a few at one time, I think it's just before my period, but it literally takes about a month for them to go away, so by the time I've got rid of them new ones are ready to spring up. I've had problems with acne starting when I was about 8 or 9, and I actually went to the docs, who gave me a topical medicine containing zinc which inflamed them even more before they went away. Eventually I just left it, and it sorted itself out because I used to get it all over my face, but now it's just on my chin. They make me feel so ugly. I can't get away without wearing makeup because of them.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of or what could be the cause of this?

Some extra info: I don't smoke, occasionally drink, on the pill, not the best diet in the world but not terrible (I believe everything in moderation), I do at least weight training every other day and try to get to teh gym once/twice a week.

I've heard of an aspirin face mask, any thoughts on that?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 27th, 2008
spots on chin that won't go
rainbowflag

I too have suffered with this horrible affliction and it is only recently that i have declared war on spots and refused to put up with them any longer, after suffering for over fifteen years! I think i must have spent a fortune on every acne product available from chemists finding none of them to be successful, then i have tried various antibiotics and tablets from my GP and i probably would be trying another brand or batch now if i had'nt decided to ask my GP to refer me to a dermatologist. I am on the first week of isotretinoin and iam quite worried about the various side effects but i consider it a valid option to rid me, hopefully of my acne which has at times ruled my life.
|

replied March 5th, 2009
crusty red patch that looks terrible
I'm 14 and have got a crusty red patch under my mouth it looks horrible and is really upsetting and sometimes with mkeup it looks all dry and flaky.
i know this is your question but does any 1 have any advise for me by the way i'm putting sudacreme on it at the moment
write back Sad
|

replied March 12th, 2009
Crusty red patch
Sorry to hear about this you poor thing if I were you i would go to the chemist and show them as it sounds like it could be a cold sore
or better still ask your GP as it may be a little patch of eczema. Hope this helps.
|

replied March 12th, 2009
Update of spots on chin
Just an update of how things are at the moment if anyone has the same problems that i have had please take my advice and go to see a Dermatologist i wish i had done it years ago. From that day i have never looked back my life has totally changed and i've never been happier. Spots used to ruled my life and i've missed out on so much staying in and hiding away. After seeing the Dermatologist at my local hospital i was put on a course of isotretnoin tablets i had no side effects other than (dry lips/ dry skin which is expected for a while) but other than that i was OK. After a four month course my spots have completely gone and i've been spot free nearly four months now and hope to remain so for EVER.
|

replied October 3rd, 2010
so do you have to stay on isotretnoin tablets forever or for however long you want to be rid of spots?
|

replied October 19th, 2011
It's already two years later after I see your questions, hope you've recovered very well.
About your problem it's very easy to deal with it. there is one kind of thermoplastic mask to fix your face during the radiotherapy, the radiotherapist only need to mark the red lines on the mask instead of mark it on your own face. We are one manufacture of the thermoplastic mask.
|