Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Splits on vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hello, just been reading a few other comments from others about the same symptoms I have been having. I have re-occuring splits on the skin on the outside of my vagina around the lips and sides which does itch but not tingle. They dont look like they are weeping the area around it is just red from the itching. It will heal in a few days - a very short period of time and it wont return for a varying amount of time. I do not get blisters or have any other symptoms which would relate to herpes but just the thought of it being a possibility scares me. I do have varying vaginal discharge and have since i was going through puberty, i think it may be more than usual. I have used thrush treatment once before but i still have a heavy discharge- white coloured which I guess is Thrush. From reading other comments I believe all these symptoms are from thrush. I do suffer from dermatitis on my hands and have since the age of 15 which was firstly caused from working with a lot of dust! I have read vaginal health sites that state the splits and itchiness could also be related to dermatitis. Should I go to the chemist and get a long course of thrush treatment as I read that this is the best thrush is quite heavy??? Please help! I have read so many other posts that are similar/exactly the same to mine I just feel embarrased about it! Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 4th, 2009
Herpes is still a possibility with some of those symptoms, such as the 'cuts', etc. Blisters is very commonly associated as a sign of herpes but is not always the main case. All symptoms can very from person to person.
I would recommend to see a doctor asap.
Good luck!
|

replied June 5th, 2009
yeah i dont have blister just the cuts and the white discharge
|

replied October 16th, 2009
I have the same thing currently, I also have Herpes and was very confused as these were not the symptoms I had when I had Herpes break outs. I have just been to the doctor and she said that it is very common for the cuts to appear when thrush is present....which I also have (thanks antibiotics for a sore throat...arrg!)
I dont think this will help at all...but your not alone! just frustrated!
all the best.
|