Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Split Uvula

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
Lately, i've noticed that my uvula is splitting at the bottom, and it wasn't that bad till I woke up this morning...
When I woke up this morning I had a sharp pain in my throat and it was hard to breathe. So, i went to the mirror and noticed that my uvula is way bigger than normal and split in the middle. So, I called my mom, and asked if it was normal. Now, she couldn't really understand me very well considering it's hard to talk with a split uvula and swollen tonsils. But anyways, she said she doesnt ever remember that being what you call, "Normal." She told me to go to the doctor, but it's kind of hard to get into the doctors on a minutes notice, and my dad is also asleep.

I have no idea what to do about my uvula, and I've taken all the medicine my doctor prescribed me at my last visit 3 days ago. And they have not helped at all in this case...

So.. is there any type of medicine i should be taking to help this? Or will it just eventually heal back to normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|