Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Split urethra

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
After having vigorous sex with my boyfriend I noticed that every time I go to the bathroom to urinate I get a severe burning sensation near to when am finished urinating. Not only do I experience pain I have these fierce urges to go to the bathroom and if I don't, I know I will wet myself. So in between the mad dashes to the bathroom and the pain during urination I realized that I have a split urethra. What I want to know is, is it something deathly serious? Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 7th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
MoniqueW, You most likely have a UTI (bladder infection). See your doctor for some medicine to doctor that. Drink lots of water and cranberry juice until you get to see him/her.

I have no idea what a split urethra is? The urethra is a canal carrying urine from the bladder to the vulva. There are 2 other small openings next to it in the vulva, the Skene's glands.

Take care
|

replied July 7th, 2010
Split Urethra
Thank you! SO MUCH!
|

replied March 7th, 2013
did you find the advice useful, or was it something serious?
|
Quick Reply