Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

spitting up blood in the morning

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
My brother told me that he's been spitting up blood every morning. He said it's a lot of blood. I'm not sure how much a lot is to him though. He said he feels like his health is failing. He not even 20 yet. I'm worried about it and I told him to go to the doctor. I don't know if he will though.

What could cause one to spit out a lot of blood every morning? Could he have internal bleeding?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2009
Supporter
hello your brother needs to seek medical attention as soon as possible..he is far too young to experiencing this..
there are countless reasons for bring up blood..and not wishing to scare but what ever it is must be a serious underlying problem..
we are not doctors only advisers to help and support and if he won,t listen to you please tell someone that he will.
hope all goes well..
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2009
Experienced User
I agreed he need to be seen the sooner the better, that sounds important, he may have tuberculosis among other things. I dont know I am not a doctor
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2009
Supporter
Take him to the ER..It could be a number of things but it's not normal to spit up blood. Something inside of him is bleeding and that's not good.
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Besides lung infections as a possibility, it could also be coming from his stomach, which could indicate a bleeding ulcer. Like Wendy said, he needs to go to the hospital.
|

replied July 9th, 2009
Experienced User
Sinus infections, various cancers of the digestive system or lungs, TB, among other things; whatever it is, it needs to be seen about, ASAP; He is scared no doubt... He should be at the Dr. ASAP--E.R,
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The good news is that at his age, whatever he has is most likely very treatable, as long as it is caught early enough.
|

replied September 1st, 2011
i am 36 years old i spit blood in the saliva sometimes after sleeping, and when i drink cold water after noon that's after eating lunch i been to the doctor and took a painting test in my stomach and all came back well this have been going on for a while y do knot know what to do i am hoping for some help.
|
Quick Reply