Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Alternative Medicine Forum

Spirulina and Chlorella

Been searching thru old threads on these two, but posts so old. Perhaps others using these now can post their more recent experience on these. Besides, studies on thse now have found more uses, unlike before when it was already very helpful even when researches were still quite few.
UMM has a not so recent article http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/suppl ement/spirulina,
but here's one interesting, esp saying spirulina is part of astronaut's diets. So it must be something.
http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-bus iness/2014/sep/12/spirulina-health-food-pa nacea-malnutrition
where i copied this:
Spirulina is one of the oldest life forms on Earth, consisting of unicellular organisms that use light, warmth, water and minerals to produce protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and other vital nutrients. The resultant edible bacteria are one of the most concentrated foods on earth, noted for being excellent sources of all eight essential amino acids as well as ten of the twelve nonessential amino acids, beta carotene, minerals such as iron, and gamma-linoleic acid amongst others.

What’s more, the blue-green algae is low in fat and sodium, resist contamination by heavy metals such as lead when properly cultivated, and are easy to digest, unlike most single-celled algae which have a tough cellulose cell wall. So far, so superfood.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
note.. ive tried the UMM link and it doesnt seem to work now. this is like bumping the thread, and if others have foudn these working for them, will you drop a note here. thanks.
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2016
I love spirulina! Helped me.
|

replied January 11th, 2016
Active User, very eHealthy
That's good to hear. Can you tell us more.. like how long ou have taken it, etc. Thanks.
|
Tags: Low Fat
Quick Reply