Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Spinal Decompression

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Has anyone out there ever had Spinal Decompression ?? Thinkin about starting the process. I have a herniated and buldging disc. I don't know of anyone who has had this procedure...In lotsssss of pain Please HELP Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 6th, 2008
vax-D
I had 33 sessions of vax-D and it was pure hell. It did not work for me. But it really probably depends on how bad your back is and how long it has been going on. Good Luck!
|

replied June 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Spinal Decompression
Petunia1 wrote:
Has anyone out there ever had Spinal Decompression ?? Thinkin about starting the process. I have a herniated and buldging disc. I don't know of anyone who has had this procedure...In lotsssss of pain Please HELP Sad

From what I have read on line about spinal decompression, it would appear that the treatment has not met the rigors of standard scientific testing to show that it is a successful form of treatment for what it is advertised to actually do.

It appears that most insurance companies do not pay for the treatment which leaves the patient paying out of pocket for something that really hasn't been proven to work.

You might want to read the info in the below links as to further information and analysis results of what the companies that manufacture these machines and the chiropractic community claim, based on their "sales pitch" results of success with this treatment.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlere nder.fcgi?artid=1887522

http://www.chirobase.org/06DD/vaxd/c&o .html
|

replied May 5th, 2009
RE: Spinal Decompression
Spinal Decompression is an FDA cleared non-invasive, effective treatment for chronic back pain and disc related problems. It is a required treatment in Canada prior to consideration for spinal surgery. If you're going to use insurance coverage in the U.S.as a rule for what works or what is best for you then you're going to be sadly disappointed if not dead. Take it from a practicing chiropractor with multiple testimonials from patients, high rates of success and borderline miraculous results at times, IT WORKS!! The proof's in the pudding!!
|

replied July 7th, 2009
cptrd,
I am in the process of appealing payment of a decompression machine that insurance told me before I started they would pay for but now refuse. All they wanted was that it was FDA approved and a "letter of need" from DR. They got both, but after a month of treatments, they get the claims and rejected them. If you could give me a letter from yourself as a DR and testimonials I would greatly appreciate it. I am going to give them a heap of info to go through. It has helped me so much. Have more info to share but if you could get in touch with me somehow, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
|