Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Sperm consistancy

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Ive noticed in lsat couple of years what my ejaculate contains ''chunks'' of white sperm bundles amongst the rest of normal white ejaculate.
These chunks are no more than a few mill in size but are noticeable, qty per ejeaculate apx 2-5.

Im 33, highly athletic personal training with active sex life. My partner & I are slightly put off by these white chunks. They cause no physical discomfort, & some research Ive done says its just high production of sperm.
Im not so sure, as the qty of sperm & consistancy (other than chunks ) falls into normal standards.
My Doctor dismiss''s my concern as irrelevant. He does not know what is causing it, but said it might be my high protein diet, & to drink lots of water.
I dont give his opinion much credit on this topic as 1) I already have a sufficient high water intake 2) This issue has been occuring consistantly during changed diet circumstances ie less protein intake. 3) He doesnt really see what our problem is ( my gf & I)
Anyone else had this issue?
What causes it?
How do I resolve this issue?

Cheers
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2010
Hi there, thank you for posting your question on Ehealthforum. This is not intended as a substitute to visiting your own doctor.

Here is a second doctor who doesn't really see what your "problem" is. How many more would you like? Men who become fixated on the quality or quantity of their ejaculate are difficult to convince that they are normal and even if they are not "normal" that there is nothing that can be done about it.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

www.andrewrynne.com

|

replied April 5th, 2010
Thank you for your reply.
I would define my ''''problem'''' as falling outside the ''''Norm'''' for the majority of males sperm ejaculate.I guess I best clarify what I mean by the ''''norm'''' for you- meaning if a broad cross section of society was surveyed that the majority would not have chunks in there sperm, although obviously there is a significant minority that do. Since this minority are not within the ''''norm'''' it could be considered ''''abnormal'''' to some degree.
Lets not go into a debate of whats ''''normal''''.
Am I to be condemned to express a genuine desire to basically see if I could ''''improve'''' my bodies function & bring it back into topical norms?
Wow, seems I crazy to consider that a normal & desireable expectation.
What a fool I was to expect a fair, educated explanation for something that falls outside traditional norms.
Hey *in your view* it may not have negative repercussions my ''''''''''''problem'''''''''''' but does that make it less of a problem for myself & partner?
Unbeleiveable.
You then intimate im ''''fixated''''?
I simple nothing can be done about it, would have sufficed. Which I dont necessarily beleive, I beleive you hold no interest in this issue, therefore hold no desire to know what the reason is for this issue.
Getting away from my personal dislike of ''''abnormal'''' sperm, lets be considerate of the opposite sex here & consider their distaste to be munching on chunky sperm. My partner enjoys giving a good blowjob, she aint so keen on the chunks tho.
Lets do a survey on how many women like chunks in males sperm? The guess as to the result requires the intelligence of a retarded 1month old golden retreiver.
So you tell me, does this fall into the catagory of a ''''problem''''.
Let me Define ''''Problem'''' for ''''You''''
1.any question or matter involving doubt, uncertainty, or difficulty.
2.a question proposed for solution or discussion.
3.Mathematics. a statement requiring a solution, usually by means of a mathematical operation or geometric construction.
(ref from dictionary.com)
I draw your attention to 1 & 2.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.