Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Spasms in heart area (mid-left side of chest)

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
Spasms in heart area (left side of chest) -

Hi guys, I've been experiencing some small 'spasms' or what seems like them, where my heart seems to be - I can feel them with my hand at times and they only really last 2-5 seconds at a time.

This has been going on for maybe 2-3 days now and they come maybe once every hour or 2 hours.

I do seem to get small muscle spasms elsewhere however, I'm 25, male, and been pretty unhealthy lately. I've also been kinda stressed out too (I've read that emotional stress can trigger these).

I'm not overweight or anything but yeah, should I get myself checked out asap? I have been smoking SLIGHTLY for the past year only, ie 2-5 (MAX) cigarettes every 1-3 days. Would this be something to do with the heart?

Worried.

Isaac
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 6th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
2 things; yes of course ask Dr.
2nd go to a vitamin store and ask for highest possible culture count probiotics and buy enough to take daily minimum 100 billion (not million) and do so for at least 2 weeks
why do u say u r unhealthy
good luck
|

replied July 7th, 2011
Thanks ohcalcuta

Anyone else know?

I think I'm unhealthy cos I don't really exercise too much and I don't eat fantastic
|

replied July 21st, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
what is important is your genetics, do u have heart problems at a young age in your family, when u eat is it just crap fixed in restaurants, fast food, prepacked junk in the grocery etc
do u cook your own food
can u say what percent fat and protein and carbs u eat i a day
where do u live and EXACTLY how much excessive
do u get FOR INSTANCE; people in New York City walk FIVE times what the average American does
good luck
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2011
Experienced User
you should visit to the doctor as soon as possible.
|