Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Sour smell from vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
just here recently ive been getting a sour smell from some of my discharge. i havent seen any like dis color from the discharge its the same as its always been
but i've been putting off a smell i have never had before. its not too strong, its just there. and it had gone away, but today after i pulled my tampon out i could smell it. i have kinda noticed it like the week before and after my period. is this normal, cause it used to never be this way, and i dont have any symptoms of anything else.. whats going wrong? or is it something i should be worried about, or is it just a stage of life, im only 18 though?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 21st, 2009
Sour smell from vagina
This happens to my Girlfriend too..
hope someone answer this..
my girlfriend is just 23 years old..
|

replied January 21st, 2009
see my thing is though that it isnt constant. its just like i said now and then, but my boyfriend hasnt noticed it at all, its kinda wierd like im the only one that can tell.
|

replied May 13th, 2009
no it is every normal it some time dose good to duch buy like a strawberry one and it will take the smell away its just saying that u kinda need to clean ur self... but yes very girl gets it thats y many wears strong perfum
|

replied May 25th, 2009
Please don't douche
Please don't douche especially not with strawberry scented douche. It could just be the way your vagina smells. The fact that there is blood down there could just change the scent. Try going to a family planning/sexual health clinic and ask them to check for you.
|

replied February 9th, 2011
vaginal smell and no periods anymore and no discharged and i keep my self very clean. could this be my hormones i have had a hysterecomy and am 53 yrs
|

replied June 9th, 2011
Vaginal Smell
I'm 16 years old and I was just 5 days late for my period, but my discharge was odd brown colour and smelt strong and sour. My vaginal oder has been smelling the same but milder for the past week. Its never been like this. Is this normal? Whats going on!?
|

replied February 17th, 2013
"Vaginal Smell
I'm 16 years old and I was just 5 days late for my period, but my discharge was odd brown colour and smelt strong and sour. My vaginal oder has been smelling the same but milder for the past week. Its never been like this. Is this normal? "

No it's not normal. Go to your doctor asap because its most likely implantation bleeding from being pregnant or else you could be experiencing a miscarriage. Best to just go get checked out.
|

replied September 18th, 2013
Brown discharge is very normal for many you've had a light flow that's not bled out till later, the blood has aged, old blood goes brown and its come out that colour is all. I have leukaemia, fibroids, Von willer brands and endermetreosis so know a lot about blood!
|