Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

sound in chest area

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
I'm Hillary, 16 and posted another topic a couple weeks ago about chest pain. Well the chest pain has gone away...apparently I am a hypochondriac. But now I noticed when I was practicing a dance for my school dance team, a weird sound was coming from my chest/throat area and it really scared me! It's like this rubbing sound or something and I only hear it when I breathe and only when I twist my shoulders from side to side like I am shimmying. I only hear it when my mouth is open but you can slightly hear it closed. It's so weird and i scaring me. This is the only time I hear it. Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem and know what is wrong with me? Maybe I have had this before but I just noticed now. I can omly hear it when the room I am in is dead silent. There is no pain. Just a weird rubbing/ echoing noise as I twist. Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hillary213
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
There is no need to worry.
You have just been too aware about you normal body functioning.
|

replied July 25th, 2008
Really? I thought maybe that was abnormal. So it happens to everyone?
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
gurgling sound, rubbing sound in my lower esophagus, not near th
I have a gurgling or rubbing sound in what I think is my esophagus, but it is lower down, not at all near my throat. Is it normal? Is it reflux? I am concerned it could be reflux and that my esophagus is being damaged. Can someone tell me . Remember, now, it is not near my throat as everyone else seems to say it is. If it is reflux, is my esophagus being damaged. I have not felt it is my heart, just what I have said.
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Yeah for the most part normal however the echoing noise might be due to allergies or asthma. Make an appointment with your DR if it is that concerning but imo it sounds totally normal. Oh and if you can hear it more pronounced when your mouth is open chances are its not coming from your lungs, but from your throat and upper respiratory tract. When you breathe through your nose, breath sounds don't vibrate as much and you won't hear much or feel much difference unless you have a stuffed nose, which can cause a slight rattling sound. But when air passes through an open mouth a lot of things can interfere and make a normal breath sound strange. Like say you have a bit of saliva back there, or a bit of mucous, the air passes over that creating a crackle or possibly snoring sound. I used to get so freaked out when my first son was teething because all that drool back there made him sound like an old man dying from pneumonia. All you would hear was this wierd gurgle sound.
|

replied January 9th, 2009
I've been experiencing the exact same symptoms for about two and a half years. I went to see my doctor about it but he told me it was nothing to worry about. If you went to get it checked out, I'd love to hear what your doctor told you. Also, did your symptoms ever just go away on their own. You're right about it being a little scary.
|

replied February 16th, 2009
No worries.
You guys, I promise that this is absolutely normal. It happens to a lot of people. Make some of your friends do the same motion you do, and you will discover that many, if not all, experience the exact same thing. No worries, no stress-- don't take life so seriously. You'll never get out alive.
|

replied February 10th, 2011
hello, im also experiencing the same thing... for about 2 years already, i asked some of my friends if they experience the same but no, so i'm scared, good thing i found this thread and you we share the same experience... initially i thought i was having a some sort of heart problem, but when i ask my doctor she said it's not a symptom of any heart problems, i searched for possible answers online, and finally i found this...tnx... Smile
|

replied April 17th, 2011
Rubbing Sound lower throat upper chest

Long list of people that experience the same exact thing.
|

replied April 17th, 2011

Long list of people that experience the same exact thing.
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
I have the same problem for about 4 years now and recently ive been in and out ofnA+E because i cany breath where tge noise is coming from it feels reallly tight
And now i am getting faint pains in back upper back i have seen a docwho said it was
Congestion but another saod
Anxiety i am so confused and worrying all the time please help
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
have this same problem...it certainly doesn't sound normal to me when I listen to it but I haven't had any health problems in the five or so years since I noticed it. i've never been to a doctor about it, I didn't wanna seem like a nut if it was a normal thing, but I intend to go at some point soon. But do all you people really think this is normal? I'm not sure if you know the sound we are talking about. It sounds like my ribs are rubbing against each other. If everyone experiences that then I guess I'm just being paranoid. Well anyway, we'll see what the doctor says.
|

replied April 15th, 2013
reason for lung sounds
Ye. And it also feels bit spongy.
But if so many healthy people are experiencing it, then it may be just normal.
I experienced the same thing and started researching on internet, no definite answer at that time so I started to eat foods, super foods that strengthen lungs, cleansing lungs with pineapple fast, bcx ultra rife machine, oregano oil, gemstones, essentials oils, aerobic exercises etc etc, you name it. the sound is still the same after years of noticing it. So, I guess, it might be just how lung used to be. We just never noticed it. If there is no other symptoms like pain etc, then it could be normal.

But as a precautionary note, people who consume dairy and eggs are prone to lung diseases because these 2 accumulates mucus.
And too much salt retains water in lungs too.
And living in dusty area or close to polluted area like main roads are also not good for lungs.
|

replied April 21st, 2013
Please watch your "cautionary notes." Consuming dairy and eggs absolutely does not make you more prone to lung diseases. Same for salt in the lungs. Please do not post dangerously wrong tripe.
|

replied April 16th, 2013
Lungs are 90% water
Lungs are 90% water (something like that).
Keeping lungs alkaline is the best way to look after it, by drinking alkaline water.
When lungs are alkaline, that is the best thing.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied April 27th, 2013
Interesting to know that BCX might heal lungs. Doing some Google search, I found these following results, might be helpful.

Raven oil might cure lung cancer. Cancer Testimonials | The Healing Vibration

Frankincense oil might cure lung cancer. Cancer Testimonials.

A Little Ol'Factory: Oregano Oil & Lung Cancer In Rats

GABA for lung cancer.

Vitamin K lowers cancer risk.

BCX Ultra rife machine for lung cancer.

Green colour & Reiki isn't so good for cancer. Gemstones to heal lungs.

These are only guidelines. Please do your own research before doing anything about your diseases.
|

replied April 27th, 2013
Not to mention:

Ayurveda for cancer.

This dichloro-acetate has proven to kill only cancer cells and not healthy cells..

The cancers most thoroughly investigated are: BRAIN, BREAST, and LUNG CANCERS. . This dichloro-acetate has proven to kill only cancer cells and not healthy cells.. Natural Cancer Treatment

If you suffer from allergies, asthma, a persistent cough or any other respiratory or skin problem, Salts of the Earth's Salt Therapy may be the answer
|