Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Sores related to yeast infection/UTI

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
About 3 weeks ago I went to the emergency room and was diagnosed with a "horrible UTI and staph infection" in the doctor's own words. I was treated with a slew of antibiotics and symptoms subsided. My family doctor requested that the culture results be sent to her from the hospital and they confirmed the obvious UTI/staph infection, however it also noted "yeast: no treatment necessary." and I thought nothing of it. But within the past few days I have noticed 3 or 4 small ulcer-like sores have appeared on my labia accompanied by itching and white discharge (not yellow or smelly) and not in clusters. I'm guessing they came about from my constant rubbing/sexual intercourse? It goes without saying that it hurts almost to the point of tears when I urinate, due to the soreness/general irritation of the area. I have seen online that some women can get blister/ulcer like sores with yeast infection if they have gone on long enough, which is my suspicion from that last culture test. I have been in a monogamous relationship for 5 months and tested for ALL std's within the past 2 months, so I can rule out anything scary such as herpes. (My boyfriend is also clean) I have a gyne appointment scheduled in two days at the earliest. (the symptoms may drive me crazy by then) But, I was just wondering if anyone had any input or experience with this sort of thing. Much appreciation!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper laurenx810
|