Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Sores on gumline making brushing painful.

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I went to a dentist several months ago and was told I had mild to mederate "gum issues". I have receding on my front bottom teeth both on the back and the front. He told me I needed to concentrate on flossing well and brushing properly. So I have been brushing at least 2 times a day, once after I eat when I get up and then before I go to bed I bush, floss and rinse with Act, Total Care alcohol free mouth rinse. My gums and teeth feel and look alot better and have never been whiter. But 3 or 4 days ago I ran out of floss and had to wait to get some more. I went that whole time without flossing, but still brushed and rinsed as I usually do. But now I have developed several sore spots on my gumline, one of which started to bleed a little. These sores make it very uncomfortable to brush these spots even though I brush gently and with a soft bristled tooth brush.

Any idea on what could have caused this? Was it the fact that I have not flossed in 3 or 4 days? I'm getting some more tomorrow of course but.....the sores will probably remain for a while and give me trouble until they heal. I've seen the sores before, but once I started brushing more and flossing they went away and my gums stopped bleeding and being sore all together. I never thought simply flossing would have such an effect on my gums and teeth.

Any advice on how to ease the soreness accompanied by brushing or should I just stick it out until they heal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|