Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

sores on back that smell

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have an employee that has a bad body odor issue. I confronted him about it and he told me that he gets these red sores on his back that ooze and this smell comes out of them. It smells like he hasn't showered and has been sweating. It is not a pleasant smell at all. Does anyone have any ideas on what this is and what could help cure it?
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2009
Supporter
It sounds like he has bed sores/ pressure sores. They usually occur in people that are confined to wheelchairs or who are confined to bed for a long period of time. However, it is possible for ambulatory, seemingly healthy people to get them as well.
Avoiding sleeping on his back would help a lot. Also, using a mattress pad, memory foam or air mattress would help to prevent them. He should also have a doctor dress the wounds.
|
Did you find this post helpful?