Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Sores around my anal

User Profile
I'm a black male of 38yrs. I have been experiencing swollen sores around a side of my anal wall for about 6 months. The sores are initially small but get slightly bigger and then discharges a mucour like fluid followed by slight bleeding, then the sore dries up but later re-occurs.

Pls advise and help

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2009
Hemorrhoids Answer A7206
Unfortunately, there are a number of different conditions that can cause the symptoms that you describe (most of them are related to infections caused by various bacteria, viruses, or parasites). You will have to be examined by a physician experienced in the diagnosis and management of anorectal disorders, I'm afraid.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.