Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

sore vagina after sex

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
recently after my bf and i have sex my vagina and clitorus get really sore and i get a semi yeast infection for the next like 2 days.
this happens all the time now and never has before. i've never had trouble with yeast infections or this soreness before.
i am very clean and go to the bathroom after sex.
also my boyfriend is not circumcised, could this contribute somehow?

please help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied April 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Did you get an intense itching, burning sensation of the vagina and the area around it, along with a thick, white vaginal discharge?
Have you felt pain or discomfort during sex?
|

replied January 28th, 2009
do you use condoms? i used to have the same thing happen to me when we used condoms, i thought i was allergic to them but i wasnt. we just stopped using them because they hurt so much and i think its because after a while the condom would get dry, making the rubber scrape against my skin.

if you not using condoms, the same thing could happen, try using lube and see if it makes a difference
|

replied February 13th, 2009
Sore vagina after heavy and long sex?
Hi I had sex at the weekend, heavy and greatsex!! during one of the sessions, at penetration, I usually use a lube but on this ocassion, it wasn't necessary...also, if I can be frank?? I made masturbation many times during our sexual activities. Since the activities my vagina has been a little sore, like there's some rough or brocken skin inside? I am expereincing no discharge, taking medication for possible and preventative cystitus, (which is common with me after sex as sometimes I go long periods of time without any activity), no real irritation, (I am familiar with the symptons of thrush), and I am also using Canesten Cream just to be on the safe side. I do not have unprotected sex, always use condom.
|

replied February 13th, 2009
Paranoid about contracting STD'S....
Me again....now I've found this site I have to ask about this, and my paranoid mind about this subject..urgh...I NEVER have unprotected sex however, immediately, after having sex I start getting worried that I've immediately contracted an STD. 2 months ago I had a complete test and all was clear, negative. I do not have a steady boyfriend or relationship, I don't 'sleep around' but do have sex with partners that I like, not often, but sometimes. I am a middle-aged woman, widow, and enjoy sex very very much but after I enjoy, I always feel guilty for the act and imagine I've contracted every STD in the book!! it's driving me crazy!!! hmmm am I a hypochondriac?????
|

replied February 17th, 2009
Dryness
I'm on birthcontrol and I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend but lately sometimes when were in the middle of having sex I'll get sore and have to stop, what can be the cause of it? it only hurts for a little but is there anything I can do or use to prevent this?
|

replied March 1st, 2009
Dryness
Being on a hormonal form of birth control is known to cause vaginal dryness. It is very common to be unable to lubricate well naturally while on hormonal birth control. So, use a lot of lube. There are a lot of choices nowadays, in lube. You can also use extra virgin coconut oil, from a health food store. It is less irritating than the synthetic lubes.
|

replied November 2nd, 2009
please someone tell me this is normal !
i just had sex with my friend on halloween i've only had sex 5 times in my entire life and all of them were safe and protected using a condom i mean. however i was very drunk and he was 2 there for there wasnt a condom handy and before we entered eachother we simply asked if either of us had an std...my reply was no because ive never had a vaginal infection or blader infection but since then i feel alot of discomfort in my vaginal region its really swollen and it burns when i pee...is this normal after sex? please someone reply to this i have no idea what i should do:(!
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
infertile or birthcontrol
i am still pretty young and shouldnt have this problem, but i am unable to lubricate. during intercorse the dryness is so horrible that i beging to bleed from the ripping.i believe its because i may be infertile, or due to the birth control pill.is either one of these the cause?
|