Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Sore throat with no fever

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I had a cold about a 2 months ago that lasted just over a month. About 2 weeks into it the right side of my throat started to hurt (almost as if a piece of food was stuck on it). It was a lil red but no swelling or fever. Got tested for strep and it was negative. The sore throat lasted about 3 days and ever since then it will hurt for about 2-3 days and then feel fine for 1. Another 2 weeks passed with this happening and suddenly the pain switched from the right side to the left but it still hurts for 2-3 days and then is fine for 1. There has never been any swelling and I've never had a fever with it. It doesnt always hurt when I swallow but it does seem to hurt whenever I move my tongue around (if that makes any sense) and the pain seems to be in the gland. The cold has been gone for about 2 weeks now. This is really starting to get frustrating! Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2009
check out tonsil stones i have them and that is what it feels like it's not serious but it's an idea
|
Did you find this post helpful?