Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Sore throat , swollen lymph nodes , and stomach ache

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
i was diagnosed with heli pylori bacteria 3 months ago...i was given a weeks course of antibiotics that made me better but when i stopped my stomach pain came back..i have had a endoscopy and ct scan and ultra sound and every thing has come back clear....the problem i have is a constant stomach ache and sore throat and swollen lymph nodes on my left side of my neck....i have had this now for the last couple of months...have you any ideas what this could be..i eat very healthy and am doing all the right things but im still in constant pain...if it is ibs can i make a full recovery because i dont think i can live with this forever.....many thanks spencerspark@msn.com

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2008
Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Answer A4292
It is likely that your sore throat and swollen lymph nodes on the neck are one problem and the stomach ache is another problem. It doesn’t seem likely that they are somehow connected. If your sore throat and swollen lymph nodes exists for a long time you can request a microbiological examination of throat and nose samples to identify if there is an infective agent causing your throat symptoms. A standard blood analyses (blood count, sedimentation, CRP, ASO etc.) can be also requested.

If there is nothing wrong with your stomach you might have IBS; there are also certain other disorders that need to be ruled out first.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.